Minnesota at Indiana, 6:30pm CT, BTN

New York
Palm reader -
How the Fighting Illini Can Boost Their RPI Today
Northwestern needs to beat Iowa
Game Info: 3:00 PM | TV: BTN
Miami (Fla.) needs to beat Boston College
Game Info: 6:30 PM | TV: ESPU

(Caveat- Iowa northwestern is a mixed bag. An away win at Iowa could be really helpful for our resume- and better for us is NW doesn't beat them. OTOH, we play NW twice and are potentially competing w Iowa for at large bid and BTT seed)

Cedar Falls, IA
We NEED iowa to lose as many of the remaining regular season games as possible. Our game @iowa can only help our resume. Also, we are neck and neck with them for that BTT 7 seed.

Super Lurker
Danville, IL
We NEED iowa to lose as many of the remaining regular season games as possible. Our game @iowa can only help our resume. Also, we are neck and neck with them for that BTT 7 seed.

If that is what we need, I don't like our chances. Their remaining schedule is very easy. Luckily I don't think that's what we need. I've conceded that Iowa is gonna make it with their remaining schedule. We just need to take care of business. Purdue needs to lose. Iowa losing this game wouldn't be bad though.

Last edited:
Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Sorry, didn't see this thread was already started!

Last edited:
Rochester, MN
Northwestern getting a home win over Iowa would be a very nice help in our chance of not being in the 8/9 game. After seeing UW today, I think we'd all like that.

Rochester, MN
Northwestern started out hot but Iowa's got it back to tied just before half.

Edit: 27-24 Northwestern at the half.

Who should we cheer for in Minn/IU? It won't really affect our RPI. Minnesota winning means we would stay with IU in the standings, but we'd also have to worry about Minnesota catching up. And that also might put Minnesota on the bubble which is bad news. But I hate seeing IU ahead of us in the standings. Grrrr

Friggin idjuts. Perfect opportunity before the hand off to foul the ball handler. Under 6 secs . Could have fouled utoff on the hand off. Damn. For all the IQ in Evanston you would think there was some BBIQ to go along with it. McIntosh's Pops is probably freaking out right now. He is a native indiana guy who totally understands the game. Surprised he was not behind the bench yelling foul during the time out. Never been one to hold his opinion to himself.

Iowa-NW goes to OT...NW choose not to foul under 10 secs up by 3 and it burned them.

Yes. Plenty of opportunity to foul when Iowa not in the act. Uthoff with the lucky throw in for the 3. Can't fault the D too much there.