2/17 Games

New York
Looks like our RPI climbed a little over the last couple days even with the loss @Wisconsin due to former opponents winning.

Games of interest today:

* 6pm #20 Baylor@ RPI 162 Texas Tech (ESPN2, ESPN3)
* 8pm 37 MSU @ 85 Michigan (ESPN, ESPN3)

Other games of possible consequence:

* 6pm 42 St Johns @ 23 Gtown (FS1)
* 6pm 104 S Carolina @ 32 Georgia (SEC, ESPN3)
* 6pm #1 UK @ 84 Tenn (ESPN, ESPN3)
* 8pm 53 LSU @ 44 Texas A&M (SEC, ESPN3)
* 8pm 33 Texas @ #17 Oklahoma (ESPN2, ESPN3)

Teams who I would root for are bolded.

Rooting for Baylor (favored -9) obviously because they improve our RPI and a loss to TT would hurt them.

Other games are pretty much of consequence only insofar as they involve possible bubble teams.

* I think we're probably rooting for Michigan over MSU with the hope that (1) we can pass MSU in conference standings for a better BTT seed; and (2) MSU might get edged on to the bad side of the bubble. Mainly, we have to beat MSU Sunday.

* Root for Georgetown over St. Johns, who is right around us on the bubble.
* Root for S. Carolina @ Georgia. Unlikely they win, but a home loss to a sub 100 team probably puts Georgia back on the bubble.
* Approaching zero chance Tennessee wins, but if they do, it might put them in the bubble conversation with a strong finish, so although it would be fun to watch them take it to Kentucky, probably just as well for the sake of the bubble if they lose.
* No idea who to root for between LSU and A&M. Big game for each of those teams and their bubble hopes though.
* Root for Oklahoma over Texas. Texas is 17-8 and hasn't been paying so well lately. On a three game win streak now against bad competition but before that lost 4 in a row. They've got a brutal stretch coming up now (@17 Oklahoma, 14 Iowa St., @23 WV, @8 KU, 20 Baylor). Let's say they need to go 2-3 in that stretch (and finish the season with a win at home over K St.) to make the tourney. Going on another little losing streak here could tank their tourney hopes.

Kirksville, MO
* 8pm 53 LSU @ 44 Texas A&M (SEC, ESPN3)

* No idea who to root for between LSU and A&M. Big game for each of those teams and their bubble hopes though.
Gotta hope the home team wins these types of games.
Quality road wins carry a lot of weight.

New York
Gotta hope the home team wins these types of games.
Quality road wins carry a lot of weight.

Ya, probably right. I saw somewhere that road win more than offsets home loss. So in other words, if we beat MSU on road and then they beat us at SFC, that's better for both teams than if we each held serve at home. Can anyone confirm that?

OTOH, a home loss would be bad for A&M regardless, and Palm currently has 53 LSU in and 44 A&M last four out, so if A&M loses, that would just solidify LSU in and A&M out. Haven't checked bracketology or their future schedules

* Root for Georgetown over St. Johns, who is right around us on the bubble.
* Root for S. Carolina @ Georgia. Unlikely they win, but a home loss to a sub 100 team probably puts Georgia back on the bubble.

Georgia down 15 late in the first(!). Baylor up 7, St. John's down 9... Good start

SDSU @ UNM is another one to watch. SDSU is only a 3 pt favorite. Lunardi has them as an 8, and they're also Co. St.'s best win (and only win against a team in the field, I think)

UGA, St. John's, UT go down, Baylor wins. :cool:

That's great news. It wasn't a bad loss for St. Johns but they can't afford to take many losses. They should drop below us in the next bracket updates.

As for Georgia, I think a lot of people had them as a lock just a week ago, but man losing to Auburn and South Carolina in back to back home games really hurts. I don't think they'll fall out completely in the next prediction, but they will next week if they can't win at least one of @Auburn and @Ole Miss. Their last 5 games include 3 road games, Kentucky at home, and Mizzou at home. There's a good chance that they'll lose 4 of the 5, and beating Mizzou at home won't help their resume chances.

MSU has looked phenomenal tonight. Going to be tough Saturday, and they're going to want revenge from our previous meeting as well. HUGE game sunday.

Phoenix, AZ
MSU has looked phenomenal tonight. Going to be tough Saturday, and they're going to want revenge from our previous meeting as well. HUGE game sunday.

I think the game on Sunday will be tough but Michigan did not put up much of a fight this evening. We took their heart last week. I like that MSU is shooting 60% tonight as well. Hard to have two great shooting games in a row.

I watched for about 5 min in the 2nd half. After about the 5th open layup in a row for MSU, I turned it off. Looked like Michigan didn't want to be there.