2/17 Games

3DegreeIllini

Chicago,IL
Northwestern thrashing #2 MSU.

It’s really hard to watch this NU team flourish and feeling like our loss wasn’t some fluke because we’ll be back next year. After that loss I told my NU friends not to get used to it, but as the season has progressed...well you all know.

As we rebuild, other teams continue to build. Sure wins dissipate and the climb becomes even more difficult.

Hard to watch.

Am not liking NW sending the wake up call to MSU. As guess who MSU will want to make a point with?

Iowa had a good start against IU as well. But think that gap has closed somewhat.

Kitties with a 3-point barrage. Shooting 8/13 at the half.

Doubt they keep it up, but that's an awful big deficit to claw back from.

Tied up at 53. NW with 4 points for the half so far?

The 'Bama/KY game was tied last I looked as well. Weird seeing KY not ranked at this point in the year.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
The mildcats do their best Illini impression in a colossal collapse.

The mildcats do their best Illini impression in a colossal collapse.

They took it to another level. The Illini have blown plenty of leads but never a 27pt lead. The difference in the two halves was stunning. NW looked completely lost and overmatched in the second half. Unreal.

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
I would like both NU and MSU to lose. That said, Sparty over the mildcats is more satisfying. Just about anyone other than Evanston's Team could beat MSU and I'd be cool with that. But somehow seeing NU's delusions of adequacy dashed against the shoals of reality is soul satisfying.

Of course it would be more satisfying for us to spay Sparty now.

Deleted member 631370

D
I went looking for a list. Wikipedia no help. Where did you find it? Thanks.

I remember UK coming back from down 30+ to beat LSU back in the early to mid-1990s. Travis Ford was on that UK team, I believe. Those were the Dale Brown years at LSU.

This one is the biggest comeback that I can remember since the UK-LSU game.

Epic choke job. Just epic. 3 field goals in the entire second half. Only 1 FG through the first 15 minutes of the second half.

Their already-slim NCAA tourney hopes vanished.

SKane

Tennessee
I don't understand the hatred of Northwestern basketball. The players seem like good guys.
I understand some generalized dislike of Coach Collins because of his Duke history. However, I don't recall him competing for Illinois recruits or bad-mouthing Illinois to the press. Maybe I missed something though.

Foggy Notion

San Francisco
I don't understand the hatred of Northwestern basketball. The players seem like good guys.
I understand some generalized dislike of Coach Collins because of his Duke history. However, I don't recall him competing for Illinois recruits or bad-mouthing Illinois to the press. Maybe I missed something though.

nerds.jpg~c200

Coach Collins seems like a good guy. But IL & NW do go back & forth over various recruits. Also think there were some billboards posted around Chicago about who is the States bb team. So there is definitely some rivalry there.

If Kansas loses, it's a great day!

I was a WV fan this afternoon as well. They have dropped several at the end this year. Huggins getting tossed out was interesting. Refs apparently had lost their sense of humor.

Edit: At least Bruce Pearl errr I mean #10 Auburn lost to an unranked South Carolina team.

Last edited: