2/19 Games

foby

Bonnaroo Land
scUM goes into the RAC without Livers and drops Rutgers to 17-1 at home.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
The DEVIL goes down to Georgia 65-55 (Georgia over Auburn).

RichWeeBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif

source.gif

IU over Minny 68-56 in MSP. TrayceJackson-Davis with a big night 27p16r and outplayed Oturu. Oturui looked like he didn't want to be there. Mind is probably already in the league.

IU over Minny 68-56 in MSP. TrayceJackson-Davis with a big night 27p16r and outplayed Oturu. Oturui looked like he didn't want to be there. Mind is probably already in the league.
He also has logged 35+ minutes per game for 25 games, where they've leaned on him heavily. Guessing he's hitting a mental and physical wall. When your bench is short....over 30+ games, the warts start showing up.

the national

the Front Range
I think Rutgers is going to miss the tournament. They only have 1 road/neutral court win. No team since 1994 has made it into the field with fewer than three wins away from home. The only one since 2007 to get in with fewer than four was Oklahoma, which had three in 2018.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-need-more-road-wins-to-make-the-field-of-68/
Interesting take. They have a nice collection of quad 1 wins though. The way things are now evaluated, it would be hard not to take them. Not sure. One road win isn’t good for sure.

I think Rutgers is going to miss the tournament. They only have 1 road/neutral court win. No team since 1994 has made it into the field with fewer than three wins away from home. The only one since 2007 to get in with fewer than four was Oklahoma, which had three in 2018.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-need-more-road-wins-to-make-the-field-of-68/
Interesting for sure.
In the BracketMatrix.com they are currently adjacent to Illinois as an 8 seed.
I realize, of course, that these are just educated guesses by "not the committee", but it would be surprising if an 8 seed wasn't taken.

As TCTornado notes, Rutgers may not win another regular season game. They have three road games and their only home game is against Maryland. Is that enough to drop them out of the bracket?

ILLINI76

Springfiled, IL.
Rutgers might not. If they don't win again they will be 18-14 with only 1 true road win at Nebraska. They only have 3 Q1 wins and Wisc. is Net 29. So on Selection Sunday they might on have 1 or 2 Q1 wins.

Rutgers might not. If they don't win again they will be 18-14 with only 1 true road win at Nebraska. They only have 3 Q1 wins and Wisc. is Net 29. So on Selection Sunday they might on have 1 or 2 Q1 wins.

They have 17 qualified wins, not 18.

They need 2 wins, and if one of those is in the tourney it can't be NW, and the other needs to be on the road.

I don't think they make it, their road record is horrid.

Obviously there is a lot of ball to still be played so it's premature to say RU is in or out...but if it comes down to where they're right on the bubble...I guess they get in. Your Last Four In/Out all have warts. If you go on the assumption there are good arguments for all 8 of those teams, I think the committee does the "feel good" thing and puts them in.

illiniorphan

Centralia
I for one definitely hope Rutgers gets in. However, the tournament is just so much more interesting to me when Illinois is in it. Just adds so much that it is hard to explain.