TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
Good slate of games today.

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 11.32.06 AM.png

Last edited:

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Virginia Tech has a starter with the last name of Blackshear and it's giving me flashbacks to the Wayne Blackshear recruitment.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
NC State put up 24 points as the home (& ranked) team. Fewest points scored this decade in CBB.

NC State put up 24 points as the home (& ranked) team. Fewest points scored this decade in CBB.
I was so shocked when I saw the final score that I thought, "this has to be an old football score?" Virginia tech 47- NC State 24. That is absolutely nuts. How do you score 10 points in a half? I found the answer, they shot 9-54 at 16.7% and 2-28 from 3 at 7.1% :oops:

Wow, IU beats Sparty in E Lansing.
Without Langford as well, I believe.
Thought they were dead. Guess not.

SKane

Tennessee
IU beat Sparty.

Injuries - Langford injured for MSU before game and Morgan injured for IU during game.

Illinir1

Camdenton, MO
I was so shocked when I saw the final score that I thought, "this has to be an old football score?" Virginia tech 47- NC State 24. That is absolutely nuts. How do you score 10 points in a half? I found the answer, they shot 9-54 at 16.7% and 2-28 from 3 at 7.1% :oops:

But they did shoot 66.7% (4-6) on free throws. šŸ˜‰

Deleted member 8632

D
Illini win an exciting game on ESPN and NC State puts up 24 a few days earlier. Good timing for the C Brown recruitment!

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Illini win an exciting game on ESPN and NC State puts up 24 a few days earlier. Good timing for the C Brown recruitment!

Yeah ! How's that Keatts train going now ? looks like it has derailed after some here were slobbering over him...I'm glad we got an every day coach building a solid foundation and culture for the Illini program.....

I didn't believe a college bball team only put up 24 so I had to look it up... Woof

What is really weird about that score is NC St. has scored 100 or more three times this year, and more than 90 four times, including the next game against NC (albeit they lost 113-96). Now those big scores were against bad teams I'm assuming, but they were averaging 76 ppg in ACC prior to that game. And they beat Auburn this year.

Yeah ! How's that Keatts train going now ? looks like it has derailed after some here were slobbering over him...I'm glad we got an every day coach building a solid foundation and culture for the Illini program.....

Also the tweet about CB and a visit this weekend (maybe) is very exciting...:cool:

I love what BU is doing and this team, but NC St. did go to tourney in Keats first year and Lunardi at ESPN currently has them as a 9 seed (though they are dropping with after 3 straight losses and a 3-6 stretch. Not saying I'd rather have Keats because I wouldn't (love the culture BU is building), Keats has done alright for himself too.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
I love what BU is doing and this team, but NC St. did go to tourney in Keats first year and Lunardi at ESPN currently has them as a 9 seed (though they are dropping with after 3 straight losses and a 3-6 stretch. Not saying I'd rather have Keats because I wouldn't (love the culture BU is building), Keats has done alright for himself too.

Not trying to argue but the real test will be a few years down the road on who was the better hire...But, I can't imagine a college team only scoring 24 points in 40 minutes of play....whatever caused that has to be a concern to future recruits( calling christian brown, your position is ready at Fighting Illini ,taking off as we speak)

Also the tweet about CB and a visit this weekend (maybe) is very exciting...:cool:

Keatts is actually doing great and has had much more success than Underwood in a tougher conference.

NBB1979

UIUCFAN1
Springfield, IL
Not trying to argue but the real test will be a few years down the road on who was the better hire...But, I can't imagine a college team only scoring 24 points in 40 minutes of play....whatever caused that has to be a concern to future recruits( calling christian brown, your position is ready at Fighting Illini ,taking off as we speak)

In 2009 - Illinois dropped 2 games where they scored under 40... they lost at home to Penn State 38-33 in the worst game I have ever attended. They also lost 59-36 at Minnesota... careful who we throw stones at - we've been there too (maybe not 24 there - but what's the difference between 24 and 33 really? Both are awful!

In 2009 - Illinois dropped 2 games where they scored under 40... they lost at home to Penn State 38-33 in the worst game I have ever attended. They also lost 59-36 at Minnesota... careful who we throw stones at - we've been there too (maybe not 24 there - but what's the difference between 24 and 33 really? Both are awful!

33 is actually 37.5% more.