2/22 Games

Kofi needs to sit in front of the TV and watch Udoka Azibuike play. THAT is how you finish plays and both ends. If Kofi's ceiling is even 75% that high, we'll be in good shape.

Azibuike is a monster.

I think we should watch how KU gets Azibuike the ball. Wow, that seems just like what Kofi could do? Lob, dunk no dribble or ball down by waist.

We have our flaws, to be sure, but after watching this game, neither of these teams would scare me and we match up fine. If these are the two best teams in the country, then who knows? Let's get in the dance and take our chances!!

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Azibuike is a senior averaging 12.8p 9.8 rb 2.6bl
Kofi is of course a freshman averaging 13.6p 8.9rb 1.2bl

After this year of experience, next season Kofi will be a beast, plain and simple.

Bilas commented that KS, Baylor, San Diego St, Gonz set as #1 seeds and are something like 57-1 since the first of the year. Sounds impressive until you look at the conferences they are in. He also said that he expects Baylor and KS to be final 4 teams. After watching the game today, I think these teams would have several losses in the Big 10 if they were on the road at Purdue, then Illinois then Mich St etc every game. Tournament, as always, will be wide open, but I expect the Big 10 to show well and every team in will be a really tough out. I think there are at least 6 teams that are at least as impressive if not more so than Baylor Kansas.

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
Courtney Ramey of Texas killing Webber and K-State, put up 21 by halftime 8/11 shooting, 3/6 from 3. If memory serves me correctly then I'm pretty sure we were in on him until the end.

Bilas commented that KS, Baylor, San Diego St, Gonz set as #1 seeds and are something like 57-1 since the first of the year. Sounds impressive until you look at the conferences they are in. He also said that he expects Baylor and KS to be final 4 teams. After watching the game today, I think these teams would have several losses in the Big 10 if they were on the road at Purdue, then Illinois then Mich St etc every game. Tournament, as always, will be wide open, but I expect the Big 10 to show well and every team in will be a really tough out. I think there are at least 6 teams that are at least as impressive if not more so than Baylor Kansas.
I agree, we really need to avoid the 8/9 seed as KU and Baylor are just lousy luck to have to play in the round of 32. Outside of Seton Hall, Illinois if they score at least say 65 can beat. This will be a very wide open tournament and if we can finish say 4/1 and 1 to 2 BTT wins I hope we can be a 6 or 7 seed. That would be a great place to be.

The Oregon-Arizona game is interrupting Walton's digression of anything other than college basketball....wow fingernails meet chalkboard.....36-33 Oregon with 23 sec in first half

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
UNLV takes SDSU down 66 to 63. For whatahack...all teams have bad games..."how the heck did we lose to Miami and Mizzou"?
Agree. I have watched SDSU a few times and that was the worst I have seen them look. Hadn’t seen them force shots and turn it over like that in previous games.