2/29 Games

Tacomallini

Washington State
Seems like a day to root for Iowa (if you can stomach the thought). What do others think about the Maryland game? Root for Maryland and concede the top spot to them, and hope everyone else in our way gets some losses. Or are the Illini faithful hoping we can still darkhorse this to 1st in the B1G?

Deleted member 173571

D
I’m still dreaming so I’m rooting for Michigan State (despise both cry baby coaches) and Iowa (cringe). The reason I’m doing that is because Michigan State plays at Penn State this week. If what I want to happen today happens,, Penn State beats Michigan State this week, Maryland loses @ Rutgers and at home to Michigan, and Illinois wins out, Illinois will clinch the 1 seed. If Wisconsin loses @ Indiana (1100 on 8 March), Illinois would also grab the BIG10 title outright.

Seems like a day to root for Iowa (if you can stomach the thought). What do others think about the Maryland game? Root for Maryland and concede the top spot to them, and hope everyone else in our way gets some losses. Or are the Illini faithful hoping we can still darkhorse this to 1st in the B1G?
I'm rooting for whoever plays MSU everytime out, as I don't want them in any tiebreakers with us. Need their 2-0 record against us removed from the pool.

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
As much as it makes me gag to do so, I am hoping Iowa wins...that does not mean I am rooting for them...NO...I merely want them to do my bidding like the sniveling little toadies they are.

Tacomallini

Washington State
As much as it makes me gag to do so, I am hoping Iowa wins...that does not mean I am rooting for them...NO...I merely want them to do my bidding like the sniveling little toadies they are.
LOL, well stated. I keep combing the NCAA rule book to see if there’s a way for both teams to lose in a game but no luck so far

PSU at Iowa should be a good one. I can’t tell if both teams are overrated, or whether they are both undervalued. By the end of the game, I hope to have some clarification.

the national

the Front Range
Man, I can’t stand Iowa. Watching Iowa do it’s Iowa thing at home makes me wanna see Penn State win. I did not start watching this game rooting for PSU. They get so many calls at home. They hand check constantly. I’m happy they reversed the call earlier against Stevens.

First half of PSU-Iowa was Big Ten basketball par excellence. The second half should be just as enjoyable, and the last five minutes looks to be even better than that.

the national

the Front Range
I think I’ve decided. I’d rather PSU win because I do not want to tie with Iowa. I want to beat them. If Iowa wins today, and by some miracle they beat us at home, we’ll be tied with scum.

201154JC

Rockford, IL
I find it impossible to root for Iowa even when it's in our favor if they do well. Maryland obviously has the tiebreaker with us so, I'm pulling for them to beat MS.

Some genius want to compile who we want to win in each remaining (relevant) game if we A) want a shot at the title or B) need that double bye? My head hurts. :)
Let me channel “The Dark Knight” here for a moment:
It’s simple. We kill the Batman!
Maryland has to go winless in all scenarios. That is extremely unlikely, as they are a very good team. We have overperformed no matter what happens.

201154JC

Rockford, IL
Penn State played against 8 today. Did any of you notice how it might be easy for a PS player to mistake a zebra
for a fellow player?

I know we should want Iowa to win, but they're such d-bags. I hope we curb stomp them at SFC. There's unfinished business there for sure.