2/5 Games

Iowa drops to 7-5 in the Big Ten???

1580954819290.gif

Deleted member 17568

D
Iowa had a 3 game week last week, played a very physical game against Illinois and probably just had nothing left in the tank. And Mackey. Purdue just shot lights out. Iowa got spanked but they're still a very good team.

Is there some sort of power rating for individual games! Our win at purdue considering how they demolished both Iowa and Michigan State is impressive

breadman

Herndon, VA
And here goes home team Minny off on Whisky. Up by 13 at the half. Gee, I wonder what's going to happen in the second half. Not!

Holy Heck...how did Purdue crush Iowa that badly last night and we fought them tooth and nail?! Is it simply that we match up so much better against Purdue? Is it that Iowa really isn't that good, therefore we really aren't that good? How fickle is my confidence in this team, but scores like 100+ to 60+ points is stark!! :eek:

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Holy Heck...how did Purdue crush Iowa that badly last night and we fought them tooth and nail?! Is it simply that we match up so much better against Purdue? Is it that Iowa really isn't that good, therefore we really aren't that good? How fickle is my confidence in this team, but scores like 100+ to 60+ points is stark!! :eek:

Step away from the ledge!

It's called Every Three Pointer Went In. Flawless strategy.

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
Step away from the ledge!

It's called Every Three Pointer Went In. Flawless strategy.
Just goes to show our coaches had Purdue schemed so well. Purdue made 19 threes against Iowa, if I'm not mistaken we only allowed Purdue to ATTEMPT 8 threes all game at Mackey. BU and staff game planned for PU perfectly. In two games against UI, Purdue only made 6 3PTs on 25 attempts.

Conversely, Purdue doubled Garza from every conceivable angle and really disrupted the Iowa inside-out game. He will get his, but he had difficulty getting the ball back out, and Purdue did a good job closing out on shooters for the most part.