2/8 Games

illini80

Forgottonia
Michigan beats MSU, we beat MSU, then MSU beats Maryland seems like the ideal scenario right now.
Looks pretty likely for the first part. MSU is going to have their back against the wall when they play us. That is concerning. Hope their confidence is low and we can jump on them.

this not good for us with them coming into our place tuesday.. They will be needing a win big time!

Knight just an a-hole. Vitale spoke highly of him before his return to Indiana. Knight just pushed Vitale away and said "don't touch me" as Vitale tried to hug him. Also pointed at Vitale and did the international "crazy sign". Very awkward, can't think it was a joke. Feel bad for Vitale who has been a career apologist for RMK.

It's not going to be a good look for Archie if he loses at home against a rival with Knight in the house for the first time in 20 years.

Knight rumored in beginning stages of Altzheimers. He and Vitale are friendly..think Knight was trying to be funny. Even in his younger days, his attempts at humor were usually acerbic and biting

I just turned on my DVR to watch Indiana Purdue (which is already a little bit difficult for me) and what do I get to start? Auburn overtime. This might not be good

Not a fan of IU but this was an emotional time. Been watching BT basketball since the early 70’s. Hated to see Buckner ho to IU.

Indiana just doesn't look very good. Defensive effort in particular is lacking. Purdue getting almost anything they want.

Knight just an a-hole. Vitale spoke highly of him before his return to Indiana. Knight just pushed Vitale away and said "don't touch me" as Vitale tried to hug him. Also pointed at Vitale and did the international "crazy sign". Very awkward, can't think it was a joke. Feel bad for Vitale who has been a career apologist for RMK.
I think Knight was kidding around in his own way. I was shocked to see how feeble he is. Never was a fan but still painful to see

201154JC

Rockford, IL
Did any of you see what Woldetensae did today?
Unbelievable shooting performance. Made 7 3's against Louisville and it seemed like they were all in a row.
We sure could have used his stroke.

I was hoping to catch a clip of the Vitale/Knight incident, and got this (Link) from Google. Unfortuantely the incident here was from 1993. The more things change...

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Refs hosed UNC. I don't care for either of them, but would have rather seen UNC win since they suck and Dook is top 10.

If you want some entertainment just do a Twitter search for Archie Miller. The natives are restless in Bloomington. Purdue has now beaten IU 9 our of 10 times and has won 4 straight in Bloomington. Buy out is a ridiculous $13 million. Isn't Archie like the 5th coach since Knight and they still can't get it right. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of tu*ds.

If you want some entertainment just do a Twitter search for Archie Miller. The natives are restless in Bloomington. Purdue has now beaten IU 9 our of 10 times and has won 4 straight in Bloomington. Buy out is a ridiculous $13 million. Isn't Archie like the 5th coach since Knight and they still can't get it right. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of tu*ds.
I know he was a hot commodity. Part was Sean Miller's success. But he really was in some ways one of those guys riding the "mid major upset in the tourney" wave. I was never really convinced that he'd be a great coach, although I did expect him to have better success at IU.

Does IU even make the tourney now? They just have four home games left. getting to 500 in conference would be quite a trick and even that isn't necessarily a ticket in.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
I think .500 in the B1G will be a ticket to the NCAA if one had a decent non-con record. So I think IU will make it if they can finish .500.
Looking at the NCAA’s top 16 it appears the depth of the B1G will not serve it well in regards to seed. Top team in the best conference can only merit a 3 seed?

Does IU even make the tourney now? They just have four home games left. getting to 500 in conference would be quite a trick and even that isn't necessarily a ticket in.

Haha, they are projected to be 8-12 and 12th place in conference. Does that make it?? I know conference records are not used but does the NCAA take 12 teams from the B!G?? I don't think so. But they can beat Iowa next Sunday (2/16) in Bloomington. I would be okay with that.