2016-17 Illini Golf

Question for any of you who may follow golf recruiting - Are there any Illini targets or commits that are playing in the U.S Junior Amateur this week? With the tournament being in town, I'm planning on checking it out at least one or two days this week. I was just curious if there was anyone that I should I should keep a closer eye on while I'm there. Also hoping that Coach Small will be one of the many coaches hanging around it.

It was a bit of a rough day for him on some of the greens, but he shot a 74 (+3), which put him T63 with about 15 others. Top 64 after tomorrow move on to match play. I'm hoping to catch his back 9 tomorrow too, work schedule willing.

Illini Commit - Tommy Kuhl

NORMAL - Tommy Kuhl picked a great time for his best two 18-hole rounds of the season.

The Morton senior golfer followed up his state-finals record 63 on Friday with a sparkling 66 Saturday to shatter the all-time tournament two-day record in any class by eight strokes with a spectacular 129 total at Weibring Golf Course. The previous two-day record in all three classes was 137.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/201710...erates-state-records-on-way-to-class-2a-title

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
My son was down there cheering on one of his teammates at PND and watched Kuhl play a bit. Said he was a lot of fun to watch. Should be a great addition to the Illini next season!

Thanks for the link

We need to bring in some fire power since we lose both Hardy and Meyer. This year's freshmen are struggling.

Konnie

Western Suburbs
I have noticed the Meyer is not playing as well as he had been this past spring. Is this just a fall slump or is the illness he had during the B1G Tournament and the NCAA Championship bothering him?

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
I have noticed the Meyer is not playing as well as he had been this past spring. Is this just a fall slump or is the illness he had during the B1G Tournament and the NCAA Championship bothering him?

His illness is ulcerative colitis, which he will likely deal with for the rest of his life. I'm not sure if it is the cause of his current form, but it's one of those things that could flare up at any time.