2016-17 Illini Golf

TEYPAY

Springfield
so... you can't win a 1/2 point. Either you win or you lose.

Scorecard says Tadiotto is now dormie going to 18! If he can halve that and Nick can halve the last two (or win either) we'll be set!

That Tadiotto--Levitt match must be fun to watch. They've only halved one of their last TEN holes!

Ninth hole is fairly short. If Gio just hits it up the left side, hits an iron to the green and two putts, he puts a lot of pressure on Levitt.

so... you can't win a 1/2 point. Either you win or you lose.

Exactly right . . . unless the match is concluded. If Illinois already has 3 points for example, then the Feagles match could be abandoned at A/S, as it doesn't matter.
Edit: pretty sure I'm right about abandoning a match that won't affect the team result. If someone knows better, please correct this.

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Scoretracker says Hardy's now dormie on the last hole as well.

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Exactly right . . . unless the match is concluded. If Illinois already has 3 points for example, then the Feagles match could be abandoned at A/S, as it doesn't matter.
Edit: pretty sure I'm right about abandoning a match that won't affect the team result. If someone knows better, please correct this.

You're right, I've seen it in past years (final score would be something like 3.5-1.5).

Will the afternoon matches be at about 2:00?
I might have to think about the value of my afternoon meetings and run down to Sugar Grove . . . in orange :D

TEYPAY

Springfield
all matches continue to a winner.. UNLESS a team already has three points. Then the outcome is already decided and you can split the point.

Yeah, they abandon matches.

Also, they don't send you out for extra holes until they know nobody will get 3 points. So if match 1 finishes AS, they will wait for the other matches to finish before sending them back out.

Sorry to be so dense, does this mean ALL matches continue until a winner, or not needed for team? Or just the last match if it is needed?

I thinking Ryder Cup style where you get a 1/2 point

Any match . . . not just the last match . . . that is A/S after 18 continues unless the team play is resolved.

icengineer

Southern Illinois
Sorry to be so dense, does this mean ALL matches continue until a winner, or not needed for team? Or just the last match if it is needed?

I thinking Ryder Cup style where you get a 1/2 point

First team to win 3 matches regardless of how many holes it takes.

Also, they don't send you out for extra holes until they know nobody will get 3 points. So if match 1 finishes AS, they will wait for the other matches to finish before sending them back out.

Really? I didn't know that. Thought they just kept the flow going.

Thanks, the Bolded was really my question

BirdDog9048

The Chief Lives
Chicago, IL
Glad to see Dylan tied it up before we clinched it. Should be good for his confidence.