2016-17 Illini Golf

Advantage Feagles I 13. Back of green compared to rough below the green. Need to start the charge. Need a breakthrough

SuperMetroid

Evanston
Looks like it's up to Tadiotto to pull his match out - Hardy and Meyer both ahead but Feagles down 3 with 4 to go.

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Is it drizzling there? Are we about to get some Cubs game 7 rain delay magic?

Down to Feagles now and he is dormie. Just has to win 3 of next 3. Not strictly true, but pretty close.

And he air mails the green by 25 yards to find the chips. Not our day. But he might be given relief from tower. Frankly seems bogus to me but there's an official with every match

Last edited:

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Nice season, better than expected. We'll be back again and take another crack at it.

As much as it's a bummer to go out in match play, it's always one of the most entertaining days of the year for this Illini fan. Pretty cool to be in match play so consistently and a testament to a great program, coach, and consistently great players.

DReq

Always Illini
Central Illinois
It has been great to keep the string of match play appearances intact. Final Four isn't too shabby for a rebuilding year. This team is still amazing and entertaining to follow. On a side note apparently it really helped Oregon to have played hundreds of rounds on that...oh yeah, that was last year.

Konnie

Western Suburbs
Not sure what this means, you think we had the same advantage? Nope, not close.

And Oregon has a better team this year, if that's where you were headed.

To add a little fuel to the argument, I think I remember the Golf Channel saying one of Oregon's best players this year was a senior transfer from OSU. :eek:

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Still a heck of a season in what was supposed to be a "rebuilding" year. A testament to Small's coaching and their consistent mental toughness. One of these years will be his year. I think within the next 2 years.
:congrats:

To add a little fuel to the argument, I think I remember the Golf Channel saying one of Oregon's best players this year was a senior transfer from OSU. :eek:

Yep, they lost Aaron Wise who was the #1 college player last year and replaced him with Wyndham Clark, who's one of the top 2-3 guys this year. And they added a stud freshmen at the semester break, too.

Great Job Illinois- You made us Proud

The Course was tough Rich Harvest Farms can be brutal. The competition was the best I have ever seen in golf. 5 players ranked in the top 20 in the United States as a amateur coming in.

There is some serious talent on this team.

Not sure what this means, you think we had the same advantage? Nope, not close.

And Oregon has a better team this year, if that's where you were headed.

They say WesterVCigar that no # 1 seed has ever won the NCAA Golf Championship in the last 18 years- Can you confirm that ?

Thanks in advance.