2016 Illini Golf - Road to the Championship

TEYPAY

Springfield
great bunker shot by oregon on 18.. and... Danielson goes around the rim... and stays out....

Well, this is getting really hard.
Danielson virtually must make this and Meyer is in trouble too
Fingers crossed

SuperMetroid

Evanston
Of course we have to play a team on their home course because Illini. Sorry for Danielson to go out like that.

What is even worse is that it puts Oregon's run in question. Would they have won if not at home. Reminds me of UK vs Illinois in 84. I am sure the fools of the NCAA will change the rules for the tourneys not currently scheduled.

LincolnIlliniFan

Lincoln, IL
What is even worse is that it puts Oregon's run in question. Would they have won if not at home. Reminds me of UK vs Illinois in 84. I am sure the fools of the NCAA will change the rules for the tourneys not currently scheduled.

There's literally 100's of other quality courses in the north west. Does Wise make that run to a national championship at any other course? Not taking anything away from him but it could have played out different if it was else where

Congrats to Oregon though. The team still has to make the shots and puts under pressure and it did. The coach was generous in his graciousness as well. He caused quite a stir many years back when he tried to play in the PGA due to an injury which would not allow him to walk.

Texas match is dramatic with injury to Hossler. I bet he plays links style down the fairway just to advance the ball.

whatahack

St. Peters MO
Did you see Small interview? He made a few backhanded comments that gave you the impression that he was not happy about the home course advantage.

SuperMetroid

Evanston

We are the poster school for getting screwed over so badly the NCAA (or Big Ten) has to change the rules because of it.

You do not want to sound like sour grapes. It is not Oregon's fault it is playing at home. It is the NCAA that does not think about anything about itself.

Can you believe Hossler's putt with a dislocated shoulder!!! Most likely he does not play tomorrow. Texas may play its sixth player, and Oregon may win raising the inevitable question of hosting a national championship.

You do not want to sound like sour grapes. It is not Oregon's fault it is playing at home. It is the NCAA that does not think about anything about itself.

Can you believe Hossler's putt with a dislocated shoulder!!! Most likely he does not play tomorrow. Texas may play its sixth player, and Oregon may win raising the inevitable question of hosting a national championship.

You can't make substitutions, so Texas would have to forfeit that match.