2016 White Sox

KJKobs

Chicago, IL
It's a shame we all can't be as awful in our jobs - and still make as much money - as Robin Ventura does "managing" the White Sox :mad:

Bailey

Los Angeles
Anybody watching today's game? I stepped away before the KC series (and thank god, apparently). Sounds like Robin is bunting away our chances to score again. Could somebody break down the scenario where Robin had Melky bunting? White Sox Twitter has their pitchforks out. Even Garfien is throwing barbs in Robin's direction....don't think I've seen that.

Anybody watching today's game? I stepped away before the KC series (and thank god, apparently). Sounds like Robin is bunting away our chances to score again. Could somebody break down the scenario where Robin had Melky bunting? White Sox Twitter has their pitchforks out. Even Garfien is throwing barbs in Robin's direction....don't think I've seen that.

I'm watching. First and second, nobody out. 3, 4, 5 spots in the lineup. Melky bunts. Terrible. And yet, completely expected.

If one wanted to defend Robin, which I don't, Harvey was mostly dominant today. Quintana was similarly dominant, so you could argue that a run means more today. On the other hand, I think the pen has shown that more than one run is necessary.

Harvey tossed a great game through 6, but his stats on the year on his third time through the order have been atrocious. Top of the 7th, Eaton is leading off and draws a walk. Abreu is batting second. Comes up and singles, so runners on first and second with no outs and Melky coming to the plate (batting in the three hole today).

Robin takes the bat out of our 3-hitter's hands with the sac bunt and gives Harvey his first out. Frazier pops out and JB Shuck batting fifth grounds out to end the inning. No runs.

Quintana throws 7 innings, gives up one run, and is gonna get the L. I feel so bad for him. Awful.

Bailey

Los Angeles
Thanks fellas. Don't think i've ever seen a manager so flagrantly hurt his team's chances at winning.

And everybody knows it....Embarrassing.

bqVRxzv.png

This team is just not very good right now. It may be a different problem every game, but it's always something.
This is exactly it. It seems every game one of the facets messes up just enough to barely lose.

I kept waiting for us to break out of our bad slide of losing all those series in a row thinking that we'd start playing .500 again at some point. And it's gotten worse. We've lost 7 games in a row now. We need to get back to playing .500 soon before we dig ourselves too big a hole

Illiniwek06

N of I-80
Thanks fellas. Don't think i've ever seen a manager so flagrantly hurt his team's chances at winning.

And everybody knows it....Embarrassing.

bqVRxzv.png

Yup. I was watching on ESPN, and Aaron Boone talked through why the bunt was a bad idea for the reasons Branson stated (Harvey stats third time through lineup, first two guys getting on, taking bat out of your 3 hitter, etc.). Pretty painful.

Bailey

Los Angeles
I'm doubting Ventura is still the manager when this road trip is done. Rick Renteria, anyone?

Jerry & Kenny are fiercely loyal. I'd bet on him making it to the break, unfortunately. This is exhibit A why you shouldn't hire a former player - especially one who's resume would otherwise fall short. When it starts going bad, it's difficult to cut ties.

Bailey

Los Angeles
One of the weirdest baseball games I've ever watched going down right now.

12 walks by White Sox pitchers. 5 double plays. 1 run allowed. Matt F'ing Albers drills a double over CF in the top of the 13th, moves/waddles over on a wild pitch, scores on a sac fly.

2 outs away from winning a game we had no business winning, and maybe righting this ship for the time being.

Bob Christiansen

4th & Chalmers, a few years ago...Now? Weeki Wach
That was about one of the strangest games I've seen. And we held the Mets scoreless the last 11 innings? How the hell did that happen?

Bob Christiansen

4th & Chalmers, a few years ago...Now? Weeki Wach
A day off today (all these days off, amazing!), then hopefully a 2-1 series in Detroit...then the nasty Nats come to town, followed by the Royals. Ouch...

Thoughts on the James Shields trade today? Never mind the stats and the metrics, just thoughts...

Not a Sox fan but they didn't have to give up much to get him. Johnson never really was consistent in the majors as a starter and Tatis Jr. is a young guy who may be great in the future but he's still young. They didn't have to give up the top prospect to get him.

I don't think that this move is sufficient to change the course of the season. He's a #4 pitcher. He improves the team, but not dramatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bailey

Los Angeles
Thoughts on the James Shields trade today? Never mind the stats and the metrics, just thoughts...

I'm glad we gave up nothing, essentially. I don't think we'll see many more Mat Latos starts to be honest, so this was absolutely necessary.

It's all moot if we don't make a trade to help the lineup though

Bailey

Los Angeles
Beyond excited for the draft. Would love to see Corey Ray drop to 10, but that seems unlikely. Hopeful for this combo:

10: Blake Rutherford
26: Cody Sedlock

Beyond excited for the draft. Would love to see Corey Ray drop to 10, but that seems unlikely. Hopeful for this combo:

10: Blake Rutherford
26: Cody Sedlock
I'd love to see Ray drop to us. Good looking player and would be even better since he's a Chicago guy. I'm just hopeful we will finally catch a break with a position player and they will be able to contribute in the big leagues. It seems every guy we pick turns out to be a bust. We are way overdue.

I'd love to see Ray drop to us. Good looking player and would be even better since he's a Chicago guy. I'm just hopeful we will finally catch a break with a position player and they will be able to contribute in the big leagues. It seems every guy we pick turns out to be a bust. We are way overdue.

For many years we drafted guys that we could sign for less money than other players. That poor strategy, coupled with what has to be inferior player development, and the rushing of guys through the minors has really put us in a bind.

Anderson looks to be a guy that will contribute, so hopefully we'll see a better future.

I keep waiting for us to bottom out in this horrendous skid, but somehow it keeps getting worse and worse. It's unbelievable. The way they are playing it looks like they are never going to win a game again (I know it's a long season and they will more than likely have another hot streak or two, but that's just what it feels like right now).