2017-18 Illini Golf

breadman

Herndon, VA
Got home just in time to see Tadiotto hit it in the water and lose his match and O'Reilly wind up on the short end of his match to lose the team competition to Vandy. What bad timing by me. Did see enough of the He gal to totally agree with Peoria Illini and icengineer!!

rdillini

northbrook, il
Hardy and Meyer halved matches as they were over as soon as the team competition was decided. Meyer was back and forth all day and Hardy had rallied to tie. Young Guys will decide teams fate this year. All have ability. Need to improve over winter. Great experience for all.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Hardy's swing looks absolutely spot on for this year. Meyer is showing a lot of confidence. It is going to be fun watching these two this golf season. Hopefully a third will emerge as the seaon progresses.

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
Hardy's swing looks absolutely spot on for this year. Meyer is showing a lot of confidence. It is going to be fun watching these two this golf season. Hopefully a third will emerge as the seaon progresses.

Feagles looks like the third guy and he's getting better quickly.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
This class is very strong. Illinois will continue to be a Top 25 program for many years to come.

Yes. As long as Small is the coach. Hopefully he doesn't get lured away like Tiley did, although I think his roots in C-U are a whole lot deeper.

It's nice to see the women's tennis and golf programs finally catching up to the men's. I think those facilities are starting to pay dividends.

Konnie

Western Suburbs
Anyone know why Dylan Meyer is not playing in the Southern Highlands Collegiate Golf Tournament? Thanks.

Dylan Meyer had a good first day at the Valspar Tourney, shooting -1 to finish T8. Tied with literally 20 guys after the first day. They spoke nicely of Illinois "a midwestern dynasty under Coach Mike Small" on the Golf Channel coverage.

I L L !

Dylan made the cut at +2, with the cut at +3 for the Valspar whatever it is.
Very excited for him, as an amateur to make the cut in a PGA event.
Way to go !!

Deleted member 3875

D
Dylan in last place of the weekend players. It's a learning curve for him.

Dylan is likely to finish ahead of Ernie Els. Near the bottom of the weekend list, so he had a hard time on moving day Saturday, but he still made the cut and would have cashed a check if he was on tour. very cool.

Dylan is likely to finish ahead of Ernie Els. Near the bottom of the weekend list, so he had a hard time on moving day Saturday, but he still made the cut and would have cashed a check if he was on tour. very cool.

Well, I jumped the gun on that post. :eek:
Ernie got up off the mat right after I insulted him and moved by Dylan.
Still a great week of work for Dylan. Congrats !
Making the cut in a PGA event is an achievement.

breadman

Herndon, VA
uh, Dear Ladies and Germs,
Are we officially not interested in our men's golfers this season? Pretty quiet for having the Big Ten tourney coming up this weekend.
Just asking.

breadman

Herndon, VA
And what am I seeing on Golf Central right now? Look at our women's team making it to the regional in Madison, WI!! I-L-L everybody!

And what am I seeing on Golf Central right now? Look at our women's team making it to the regional in Madison, WI!! I-L-L everybody!

Women's team has really progressed the last two years. They came within a few holes of winning the Big 10 title last week (were tied for the lead with MSU and Maryland having three holes to play).

It's unfortunate that their best golfer from last year transferred to Wake Forest. It reminded me a lot of the James Lepp situation early in Small's tenure (except Liu is not nearly on the same level as Lepp).

Here's a good article about the team from earlier in the year:

https://golfweek.com/2017/12/05/illinois-women-take-high-pep-approach-to-rise-to-no-15/