2017-18 Illini Golf

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
A first place finish here will get the Illini back on track and a likely return to the Top 20. This lineup is most capable of making a run in the NCAA Tournament.

Also get to see what they can do at the East Lake event.
Last year's Final Four teams go to Atlanta to have a little fun
Oct 30 - Nov 1

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
If we could get Meyer and Hardy to both play well this Fall and next Spring we'll be tough to beat. Seems like when one is hot, the other isn't.

Nice to see Feagles step up.

Choking down the stretch

Six over par in the last two holes. Should still win. We are two strokes up on the field with only two of our guys still on the course.

Tadiotto and Meyer both double-bogeyed 17. Team finished in a tie for second, one shot behind California. Meyer held on for medalist.

Complete meltdown :tsk:

Last edited:

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
Tadiotto and Meyer both double-bogeyed 17. Team finished in a tie for second, one shot behind California. Meyer held on for medalist.

Complete meltdown :tsk:

Meltdowns happen but Mike Small must be pissed beyond belief despite a great overall effort. Golf is a mental grind and his team failed when it mattered most. Hopefully the letdown doesn't carry over to the East Lake Cup.

This team has huge potential. Hopefully they can capture momentum during the spring season.

Seems like Hardy and Meyer just haven't put together a tournament where both of them are playing well. When that happens, it will be tough to beat this team. Of course, Feagles and Tadiotto will have to play solid golf as well. What worries me is the lack of a solid 5th option to take a bit of pressure off the top 4.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Illini golfer to be featured on this morning's Golf Channel show right aftrer this commercial break. Please tune in!!!

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Sitting in third right now 5 strokes behind Vandy. Still only halfway through the course, though.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Illini win 2 matches, lose 1.
Meyer and Hardy win, Tadiotta loses.
O'Reilly is dormie, so it is sort of up to Feagles, who is 2 up after 14.
Good position, hope he brings it home now.

Addition: as quickly as that O'Reilly loses 1&1, while Feagles goes to the good side, with his OSU opponent dormie.
We can go to extra holes, but we can't lose in regulation.
C'mon Feagles !!

Last edited:

rdillini

northbrook, il
Depth is key. Would be nice to win three years in a row. Fantastic experience and recruiting event for Illini.

Deleted member 3875

D
Way to go I linksters! Some great national Golf Channel exposure at East Lake.

Deleted member 3875

D
Illini win 2 matches, lose 1.
Meyer and Hardy win, Tadiotta loses.
O'Reilly is dormie, so it is sort of up to Feagles, who is 2 up after 14.
Good position, hope he brings it home now.

Addition: as quickly as that O'Reilly loses 1&1, while Feagles goes to the good side, with his OSU opponent dormie.
We can go to extra holes, but we can't lose in regulation.
C'mon Feagles !!

It’s the Sooners not OSU.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
I don't know if anyone is watching on golf channel, but Muni He from USC is my new favorite NCAA women's golfer.