• NIT

Votes: 62 34.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction is a roller coaster. Look great at home one game, then disorganized the next one on the road. Ultimately, we have a bubblicious season with a young team.

10-3 non-conf
8 or 9 wins in conf, 2 wins in the BTT to put us on the bubble (or over if we make it to .500 in conf). Flip a coin whether we get into the dance or the NIT. We will like where this team is headed by the end of the season.

My prediction is that we win the Big Ten Tournament and get the automatic bid. :D

This would surprise me less than completely flopping the way so many overreactors are prognosticating.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
My prediction is a roller coaster. Look great at home one game, then disorganized the next one on the road. Ultimately, we have a bubblicious season with a young team.

10-3 non-conf
8 or 9 wins in conf, 2 wins in the BTT to put us on the bubble (or over if we make it to .500 in conf). Flip a coin whether we get into the dance or the NIT. We will like where this team is headed by the end of the season.
This seems entirely realistic.
This would surprise me less than completely flopping the way so many overreactors are prognosticating.
Yep!

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

haasi

New York
15-17, 7-11 in conference and 0-1 in the Big Ten tournament.

Finke graduate transfers to Horizon league, Te'Jon transfers to MVC, Black returns to school, Vesel goes back to Europe.

Wow. I guess the 7-11 part is optimistic. :no idea:

0-32 but we win the BTT and get a automatic bid [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going through the schedule I'm thinking 16 wins plus one in the BTT. Now if the youngsters grow up quick and we get they system down, we could get to 18 wins.

Fan of Groce and one of his supporters to nearly the end. But with his comment stating he left Illinois in a better place. Not sure I would give him credit for AH renovations and facility upgrades, to me that credit goes to past and present ADs.

What he left was an unbalanced roster with one-dimensional players. He not only failed to recruit PG but also big men. He recruited wings and transfers. So BU inherits young guards and two undersized bigs. One of those was recruited to be a stretch 4. So BU didn't inherit a "better place" , Weber left Groce a better roster.

W vs Southern Fri, Nov 10
W vs UT Martin Sun, Nov 12
L vs DePaul Fri, Nov 17
W vs Marshall Sun, Nov 19
W vs Augustana (IL) Wed, Nov 22
W vs North Carolina Central Fri, Nov 24
L @ Wake Forest Tue, Nov 28
L @ #19 Northwestern Fri, Dec 1
L vs Maryland Sun, Dec 3
W vs Austin Peay Wed, Dec 6
L @ UNLV Sat, Dec 9
W vs Longwood Wed, Dec 13
W vs New Mexico State* Sat, Dec 16
L vs Missouri* Sat, Dec 23
W vs Grand Canyon Sat, Dec 30
L @ #15 Minnesota Wed, Jan 3
L @ Michigan Sat, Jan 6
W vs Iowa Thu, Jan 11
L @ Nebraska Mon, Jan 15
L @ Wisconsin Fri, Jan 19
L vs #2 Michigan State Mon, Jan 22
W vs Indiana Wed, Jan 24
W vs Rutgers Tue, Jan 30
L @ Ohio State Sun, Feb 4
L vs Wisconsin Thu, Feb 8
W vs Penn State Sun, Feb 11
L @ Indiana Wed, Feb 14
W vs Nebraska Sun, Feb 18
L @ #2 Michigan State Tue, Feb 20
L vs #20 Purdue Thu, Feb 22
W @ Rutgers Sun, Feb 25

14-16 (5-11 BIG). Rebuilding year. Still more optimistic than I have been in a long time.

L vs DePaul Fri, Nov 17
L @ Wake Forest Tue, Nov 28
L vs Maryland Sun, Dec 3
L @ UNLV Sat, Dec 9
L vs Missouri* Sat, Dec 23
L @ Michigan Sat, Jan 6
W vs Iowa Thu, Jan 11
L @ Nebraska Mon, Jan 15
W vs Indiana Wed, Jan 24
W vs Rutgers Tue, Jan 30
L @ Ohio State Sun, Feb 4
L @ Indiana Wed, Feb 14
W @ Rutgers Sun, Feb 25

14-16 (5-11 BIG). Rebuilding year. Still more optimistic than I have been in a long time.

I think your picks have us 6-12 in the B10.
Didn't check the rest because I really only care about the conference, bragging rights and challenge

jmwillini

Tolono, IL
W vs DePaul Fri, Nov 17
W @ Wake Forest Tue, Nov 28
L vs Maryland Sun, Dec 3
L @ UNLV Sat, Dec 9
W vs Missouri* Sat, Dec 23
L @ Michigan Sat, Jan 6
W vs Iowa Thu, Jan 11
W @ Nebraska Mon, Jan 15
W vs Indiana Wed, Jan 24
W vs Rutgers Tue, Jan 30
W @ Ohio State Sun, Feb 4
L @ Indiana Wed, Feb 14
W @ Rutgers Sun, Feb 25

20-11 / 8-10 Sweating Bullets on Selection Sunday

Lets be realistic here guys. We just lost to EIU. A .500 record overall (and in the big ten) would be the goal.

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
vs Southern Fri, Nov 10 -W
vs UT Martin Sun, Nov 12 - W
vs DePaul Fri, Nov 17 - W
vs Marshall Sun, Nov 19 - W
vs Augustana (IL) Wed, Nov 22 - W
vs North Carolina Central Fri, Nov 24 - W
@ Wake Forest Tue, Nov 28 - L
@ #19 Northwestern Fri, Dec 1 - L
vs Maryland Sun, Dec 3 - L
vs Austin Peay Wed, Dec 6 - W
@ UNLV Sat, Dec 9 - L
vs Longwood Wed, Dec 13 - W
vs New Mexico State* Sat, Dec 16 - W
vs Missouri* Sat, Dec 23 - L
vs Grand Canyon Sat, Dec 30 - W
@ #15 Minnesota Wed, Jan 3 - L
@ Michigan Sat, Jan 6 - L
vs Iowa Thu, Jan 11 - W
@ Nebraska Mon, Jan 15 - L
@ Wisconsin Fri, Jan 19 - L
vs #2 Michigan State Mon, Jan 22 - L
vs Indiana Wed, Jan 24 - W
vs Rutgers Tue, Jan 30 - W
@ Ohio State Sun, Feb 4 - L
vs Wisconsin Thu, Feb 8 - W
vs Penn State Sun, Feb 11 - W
@ Indiana Wed, Feb 14 - L
vs Nebraska Sun, Feb 18 - W
@ #2 Michigan State Tue, Feb 20 - L
vs #20 Purdue Thu, Feb 22 - L
@ Rutgers Sun, Feb 25 - W

17-14 (7-11 B1G). NIT.

Hope I'm wrong.

Lets be realistic here guys. We just lost to EIU. A .500 record overall (and in the big ten) would be the goal.

Today will be much more indicative of where we're at. I don't know if we're any good, but Underwood was asked before the exhibition whether he would treat it like a regular game, and said "in some ways". To me that says he was still experimenting. Even with that, it sounds like the perimeter defense was awful.

Sal Iacuzzo

Yonkers, NY

Syracuse lost to D2 LeMoyne in an exhibition and were ranked #1 the same season. Every year major conference teams lose to teams from Canada. Exhibitions mean next to nothing.

Syracuse lost to D2 LeMoyne in an exhibition and were ranked #1 the same season.

Yup.

Even worse--Wisconsin lost to Western Illinois (finished as 323 kenpom) and went on to the S16 AND switched HC's midseason, losing one of the greatest HC's in history in the process. That WIU team finished last in their conference. Arguably Wisc should've beat ND that E8 game (one of the few times I'm a Wisc fan).

Point being-single games, talent, HC, whatever doesn't matter. Goal one is to make it to the tourney. Goal two is to win it. I couldn't care less who we lose to, so long as we make the tourney.

Yup.

Even worse--Wisconsin lost to Western Illinois (finished as 323 kenpom) and went on to the S16 AND switched HC's midseason, losing one of the greatest HC's in history in the process. That WIU team finished last in their conference. Arguably Wisc should've beat ND that E8 game (one of the few times I'm a Wisc fan).

Point being-single games, talent, HC, whatever doesn't matter. Goal one is to make it to the tourney. Goal two is to win it. I couldn't care less who we lose to, so long as we make the tourney.

Anyone can be beat on any given night...

I think the players are eager to prove that they are legit and competitive with the freshman and all....

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
@ Wake Forest Tue, Nov 28 - L
@ #19 Northwestern Fri, Dec 1 - L
vs Maryland Sun, Dec 3 - L

Hope I'm wrong.

I will never hear the end of it if we lose all three of these games. I can live with two losses. But, please, win at least one. :pray:

We were 9-9 last year in the BIG. I believe the talent this year is at least as good and hopefully the coaching vastly superior. The only real loss from last year was MH and all other positions are stronger (#5 equal). I will be very disappointed if we aren't a much better team in Jan than last years version.

10-8 BIG

We were 9-9 last year in the BIG. I believe the talent this year is at least as good and hopefully the coaching vastly superior. The only real loss from last year was MH and all other positions are stronger (#5 equal). I will be very disappointed if we aren't a much better team in Jan than last years version.

10-8 BIG

I think the B1G is better and we play a harder schedule this year. I also think Mav was better than Finke, though perhaps moving Leron evens it out. I would agree overal the top 9 is a more talented group, it's going to hinge on if this staff can find the right combination of players to win games.

alamocityillini

San Antonio
We were 8-10 last year in the Big 10.

10-8 BIG

Deleted member 9739

D
17-14 (6-12 B1G).

NIT.

I hope I'm wrong and we are better than this, but it won't happen unless our frontcourt defense greatly improves and our outside shooting gets dramatically better. Cutting down on the turnovers is a must as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.