2017 Basketball Transfer Thread

#1,076      
Depth at all positions is a good thing. Never know when any these players might need a sub. Don't think anyone was inferring that a spot going to be taken. Fact of matter a good thing to have a deep bench.:chief:

#1,077      

Deleted member 556108

D
Alstork has tons of stuff on snapchat from the visit today.

Even looks like someone made him an Illini themed cake. :)

Other stuff was Ubben, SFC, and looks like they took him to West Quad apartments to see the players digs

Last edited by a moderator:
#1,079      
Alstork has tons of stuff on snapchat from the visit today.

Even looks like someone made him an Illini themed cake. :)

Other stuff was Ubben, SFC, and looks like they took him to West Quad apartments to see the players digs

He has also posted multiple articles of him being here today and what he can bring to the team.

Specifically one about him filling in Malcolm Hill's role.

#1,080      
Mark Alstork Snap Chat

I highly recommend following Mark Alstork on Snap Chat, even if it is just for today. It will give you an inside sneak peak of how the new staff executes an official visit. It also gives you an easy way to chat with Mark. For example, I replied to his snap of him making 432 of 530 shots in a shooting session. I told him we could use that kind of shooting in an Illini uniform next year. He replied back with three rock on emoji and "stay tuned".

malstork

#1,084      

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
I'm glad he's enjoying his visit but please don't communicate with recruits.

While I personally agree with and adhere to this policy, his literally said in his Snapchat he wants to hear from fans via social media

Has your head been stuck in the ground the past decade? This day and age kids are completely consumed by social media. IMO if fans didn't communicate with recruits it can hinder their decision on committing somewhere. They "feel the love" whenever they get likes, retweets, or comments on their social media. Especially when one says, "Wya #illinination. Talk To Me".

illinifaninwi, I get your trepidation and don't necessarily disagree in principle, but the Internet has changed everything, and the NCAA is fooling themselves if they think they can control what people do on social media. IMO, they'd be silly to try, and overstepping their bounds. It's an archaic idea which isn't really applicable anymore. Fans probably want to avoid putting up selfies with recruits talking about how they paid for their dinner, but otherwise I think a little interaction on Twitter isn't going to be an issue with the NCAA.

#1,085      
Has your head been stuck in the ground the past decade?
This is a trifle unfair.

Unless there is some clear reason or invitation to do otherwise, it is a fantastic MO to never engage with recruits on social media. Here, there is an invitation to Illinois fans. That makes it open season.

#1,086      

audie

The Great Northwest
I wonder how the coaches feel about him messing around on social media all day while he's being showed around. I'd like him to be paying attention to me and not his phone.

But I'm old. I don't talk on the phone when I'm in a checkout line either.

You're a good man, CoalCity!

#1,089      

Deleted member 556108

D
Has your head been stuck in the ground the past decade? This day and age kids are completely consumed by social media. IMO if fans didn't communicate with recruits it can hinder their decision on committing somewhere. They "feel the love" whenever they get likes, retweets, or comments on their social media. Especially when one says, "Wya #illinination. Talk To Me".

My mistake. Let me clear that up, I meant to lend some justification to your action by mentioning Alstork had specifically requested Illini fans to reach out over social media.

Last edited by a moderator:
#1,090      

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL
This is a trifle unfair.

Unless there is some clear reason or invitation to do otherwise, it is a fantastic MO to never engage with recruits on social media. Here, there is an invitation to Illinois fans. That makes it open season.

I don't think anyone on this board can or should try to control who communicates with anyone. We live in America.

#1,091      

Deleted member 186590

D
Unlikely.

I wouldn't say that - it's not just that Scott was a former assistant for 2 years, it's that his dad Dick Nagy was an assistant under Lou for 17 years, including the flyin Illini days, so Scott grew up in Champaign, was a huge Illini fan, etc. I have to think having him say positive things about the Illini can only help. I'm sure Scott tells stories about those days as a grad assistant.

#1,093      

EfremWinters84

S. Carolina
I wouldn't say that - it's not just that Scott was a former assistant for 2 years, it's that his dad Dick Nagy was an assistant under Lou for 17 years, including the flyin Illini days, so Scott grew up in Champaign, was a huge Illini fan, etc. I have to think having him say positive things about the Illini can only help. I'm sure Scott tells stories about those days as a grad assistant.
100% agree. Nothing but "positive vibes" likely coming from the Wright State head coach. He knows Illini basketball rather intimately at its peak......up close and personal.

I'm sure that relationship also influenced MLT's transfer there a year ago....at least to a small extent.

#1,094      

That's nice, but IMO still negligible impact on his decision.

#1,095      
2017 all , if the guy says chat him up, more following the better. Let him feel that love.:illinois:
I'm older too, but you get with times or fall behind.

#1,098      

wettsten

Chicago
I wonder how the coaches feel about him messing around on social media all day while he's being showed around. I'd like him to be paying attention to me and not his phone.

But I'm old. I don't talk on the phone when I'm in a checkout line either.

i'm sure there are plenty of assistants keeping the coaches updated with what he's doing on social media.

i think if you don't know what he's posting then be worried because it's probably not good about you.

#1,100      

jmilt7

Waukegan
All quiet overnight, that is a good thing. Anything on Alstork or Agau?

While it might be nice if Alstork had some big revelation overnight and decided UI is the place to be, he still has three more schools to visit ending with Louisville on the 17th. So, more waiting.