2018-2019 Illini Tennis

Late to the party but ...
Caleb didn’t like getting pulled once he slumped and challenged coaching staff. Didn’t go so well for him.

Gui has the skill but drive might not be enough to get him where Illini need him.

John McNally isn’t good enough yet to go pro. I’m amazed at Wolf. McNally was always a national top 5 in his age while Wolf wasn’t but got there. He has definitely passed other guys like McNally and Gianni Ross who were more highly rated juniors.

It was pretty fun at Western & Southern Open sitting in front on Ty Tucker and cheering for Delbonis against McNally and being one of about eight people out of 3,000 cheering for Carreno Busta against Wolf.

Any way, I can tell you feeling at Atkins is they are still chasing Ohio State.

Late to the party but ...
Caleb didn’t like getting pulled once he slumped and challenged coaching staff. Didn’t go so well for him.

Gui has the skill but drive might not be enough to get him where Illini need him.

John McNally isn’t good enough yet to go pro. I’m amazed at Wolf. McNally was always a national top 5 in his age while Wolf wasn’t but got there. He has definitely passed other guys like McNally and Gianni Ross who were more highly rated juniors.

It was pretty fun at Western & Southern Open sitting in front on Ty Tucker and cheering for Delbonis against McNally and being one of about eight people out of 3,000 cheering for Carreno Busta against Wolf.

Any way, I can tell you feeling at Atkins is they are still chasing Ohio State.

Thank you for the info! Any details on what happened with Keenan?

I would have loved to be in Cinci cheering against Wolf and McNally!

Coaching staff still feels like Ohio State is the favorite in the Big Ten even with all the departures?

Thank you for the info! Any details on what happened with Keenan?

I would have loved to be in Cinci cheering against Wolf and McNally!

Coaching staff still feels like Ohio State is the favorite in the Big Ten even with all the departures?
I don’t want to say coaching staff. My connections are staff at Atkins but not Illini coaches. Also my kid played college tennis and competed with a current Illini player so I got to know that player’s father.

I get the feeling the consensus is Illini are one player short right now. That’s just my read of comments made.

I haven’t asked specifics about Mayo. It seemed to me drive probably wasn’t a fit for program requirements.