• NIT

Votes: 62 34.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On "Verbal Commits" under BIG they list the ratings (stars) for each team. UI has the fifth highest ranked team in the BIG. Only MSU is significantly higher. Don't see how we can rate our coach as excellent and predict us to win a third of our conference games. Don't pretend to be the biggest expert but doesn't make sense to me. Lots of teams play successfully with freshmen and our front court is not our strength but also not terrible, particularly with BU's style.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
On "Verbal Commits" under BIG they list the ratings (stars) for each team. UI has the fifth highest ranked team in the BIG. Only MSU is significantly higher. Don't see how we can rate our coach as excellent and predict us to win a third of our conference games. Don't pretend to be the biggest expert but doesn't make sense to me. Lots of teams play successfully with freshmen and our front court is not our strength but also not terrible, particularly with BU's style.

Because a team isn't composed of star rankings? Players can be coached up or coached down. Underrated or overrated.

The arrow is definitely pointing up for the Illini. However, predictions are difficult because of the amount of unknown variables--new coach, new guards, new scorers, new system. However, I will make one (I believe pretty safe) prediction: After watching the early games, the Illini will be winless against the following Big Ten opponents--Purdue, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. Size matters.
Sorry if some on this board think that this is a fairly easy and obvious prediction, but Finke and Black cannot play 40 minutes each and every game. If the two new big guys, Eboigbodin and Vesel, are not going to get on the floor, we will not be able to stay with big teams.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
I will make one (I believe pretty safe) prediction: After watching the early games, the Illini will be winless against the following Big Ten opponents--Purdue, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan State.

I will take that bet! Let's put up our beach houses.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Done. (safe bet for me since I don't have a beach house. LOL.

We may not be favored, and we will certainly have growing pains, but BU has shown he can win without size. We are winning at least one of those six games.

No beach house? Then you have to put something of my choice in your signature (don't worry, it will be PG).

We may not be favored, and we will certainly have growing pains, but BU has shown he can win without size. We are winning at least one of those six games.

No beach house? Then you have to put something of my choice in your signature (don't worry, it will be PG).

Don't get me wrong. I would like nothing better than to watch the University of Illinois defeat the University of Wisconsin in Brad Underwood's first year.

Because a team isn't composed of star rankings? Players can be coached up or coached down. Underrated or overrated.

So are you saying ours will be coached down? Whisky has won consistently with lower rated players but Bo is gone. That game should not be a loss. MSU has too much talent and good coaching to lose and would be a huge upset if we beat them. Minny does not have a high rating but certainly has developed the talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.