2018 St. Louis Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

the national

the Front Range
Mo is planning to speak to the media from the dugout at 4:15. Its rumored to be one of two things. 1) Wacha is hurt worse than expected after his last rehab start and wont make it back before the end of the season or 2) We picked up Donladson.

Mo is planning to speak to the media from the dugout at 4:15. Its rumored to be one of two things. 1) Wacha is hurt worse than expected after his last rehab start and wont make it back before the end of the season or 2) We picked up Donladson.

I'd prefer option #2. But my gut says that it's option #1.

Mo: "I would not anticipate anything at this time"

But that's just Mo speak for "I've got Toronto over a barrel, give me a couple hours"

Has to be done by 11pm central time for him to be eligible for playoff rosters.

jmwillini

Tolono, IL
22 wins in August and 2nd best record in the National League overall. Love the enthusiasm of the team.

Cardinals drop a tough one to the Reds in extras today, breaking their consecutive series streak at 10. First time Reds have won 3 consecutive series vs. the Cardinals since 1979.

Nice pitching match-up tomorrow in our nation's capital with Flaherty vs. Scherzer.

BillyBob1

Champaign
Matheny running the bullpen again? Why pitch Norris again today?

After today's blown save, Shildt's got a tough decision on his hands. If he decides to move Norris out of the closer's spot. who does he put in that spot? Do you trust Hicks at his age in that position?

eMitch

Quincy, IL
This is total garbage. We looked awful today, nothing doing on any fronts.
Norris was great first half of the season, but his stock is a screaming sell now. I was thinking that the silver lining of the loss to the reds was that he would be moved out of the closer spot. Maybe that's the silver lining for today. Won't be long till silver linings don't matter.

eMitch

Quincy, IL
After today's blown save, Shildt's got a tough decision on his hands. If he decides to move Norris out of the closer's spot. who does he put in that spot? Do you trust Hicks at his age in that position?

If not Hicks, Carlos Martinez might like that role.

BillyBob1

Champaign
When they showed a replay of Wisdom’s home run, he looked just like Scott Rolen with that swing.

the national

the Front Range
Grand slam was awesome by Yadi and we ended up needing the insurance. Glad we won, our guys needed the confidence boost. Hopefully we can hold onto the wild card, The dodgers are coming in hot

We have the toughest remaining schedule out of all the NL playoff contenders. 3 against the Brewers and Cubs, and 4 against the dodgers will pretty much decide things.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
We have the toughest remaining schedule out of all the NL playoff contenders. 3 against the Brewers and Cubs, and 4 against the dodgers will pretty much decide things.

I would agree, however, the only series that we lost since the All-star break was to the Reds. So, maybe there is a benefit here. Hopefully, the Cubs are resting everyone that last weekend, though, somehow, I doubt it.

the national

the Front Range
I would agree, however, the only series that we lost since the All-star break was to the Reds. So, maybe there is a benefit here. Hopefully, the Cubs are resting everyone that last weekend, though, somehow, I doubt it.

if the brewers or the cards are within 3 games, we'll see the full lineup. However, maybe they will mentally be coasting. If we are somehow in jeopardy of making the playoffs, You can bet it will put extra mustard in the game for the cubs. Im excited for that series.

the national

the Front Range
Boy, this central is full of drama. Brewers took one from the cubs, they are 1 back and the cards are 3.5 games back. Cards just need to keep winning and let things play out. As things are shaping up, Our series with the cubs at the end couldn’t be bigger.

BillyBob1

Champaign
Didn’t a lot of people say, if you want to make the playoffs from the Central, you better win the division. No wild cards in central.

BillyBob1

Champaign
Looking back at starting rotation at the beginning of the year.

Martinez
Wacha
Waino
Weaver
Miles

Btw, has there been any Fowler sightings in the dugout?

Last edited:
Looking back at starting rotation at the beginning of the year.

Martinez
Wacha
Waino
Weaver
Miles

Btw, has there been any Fowler sightings in the dugout?

Granted, pretty much everyone knew Waino was a placeholder for Flaherty/ Reyes at the start of the year, nobody thought he was going to make a full season of starts. I was (and still am, to a degree) high on Weaver coming into the year. His peripherals this year aren't that terrible, no idea why his strikeouts fell off a cliff.

It's still good heading to next year though.

Martinez
Flaherty
Miles
Wacha?
Weaver?
and the cavalclade of starters they've thrown this year who have done well (Gant, Gomber, Ponce, Reyes coming back eventually). Rotation is actually pretty strong, I still hope they go spend money on Corbin though.

Pitching match-ups for this weekend's huge series vs. the Dodgers:

Thursday: Kershaw (7-5, 2.42) vs. Gomber (5-0, 2.93)
Friday: Buehler (6-5, 3.09) vs. Flaherty (8-6, 2.92)
Saturday: Hill (8-5, 3.88) vs. Gant (7-5, 3.16)
Sunday: TBA vs. Wainwright (1-3, 4.70)

One thing to note this weekend is that the Saturday game is a nationally televised Fox game set to begin at 12:05 PM CT and the Sunday game is a Sunday night game with a 7:05 PM first pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.