2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
I’m constantly torn on the Leafs - it’s near impossible not to like that young core and I know the whole “good for the league when Toronto is good thing” holds water, but....Leafs fans.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
I was watching some Jets-Wild highlights of game 2 last week on my tablet and it was fun seeing how excited the fans were in Winnipeg. I don't think there is any worry about them either folding or having to move again. And isn't that Saad for Panarin trade looking worse and worse for the Hawks.

And isn't that Saad for Panarin trade looking worse and worse for the Hawks.

Bigger issue is: Could the hawks have paid panarin what he will make this offseason? That's going to be the deciding factor in the trade. If he's making comparable to what Saad is, then yes the Hawks lost the trade, else they got a young talent for a one year rental essentially (i.e. after this year the hawks would've een priced out of panarin and wouldn't have had Saad at all.)

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Bigger issue is: Could the hawks have paid panarin what he will make this offseason? That's going to be the deciding factor in the trade. If he's making comparable to what Saad is, then yes the Hawks lost the trade, else they got a young talent for a one year rental essentially (i.e. after this year the hawks would've een priced out of panarin and wouldn't have had Saad at all.)

1 more season 'til Panarin's a UFA. But, to your point, that's a big reason he was moved. Saad is under contract for 3 more seasons.

AP has completely answered the "Can he produce without Kane?" question. Am pulling for him, big time. And, yes, he's going to get a significant raise when he hits free agency. Minimum $8M per.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Wow did Vegas put a pounding on the Sharks last night. Jets-Preds should be an awesome series.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Wow did Vegas put a pounding on the Sharks last night. Jets-Preds should be an awesome series.

Yep, should be great. Kind of hoping for the Jets, as the Hawks have the Preds 1st round pick. Definitely pulling for the victor to take the Cup.

Not a huge fan of the penguins, but as 2 time defending champ they will be hard to beat. That 4 1/2 minute, 3 goal stretch last night probably did in the Caps. The Pens - Caps is kind of like the Hawks - blues meeting every year with the same result (until 2016).

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Big Buff doing Big Buff things...

[YOUTUBE]u2-ACwHEVmQ[/YOUTUBE]

Oh man, Vegas was getting clocked. Held without a shot for nearly the first half of the 2nd period then all of a sudden they are up 3-1.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Watching these final four teams in the West play makes it look like the Hawks are light-years away from competing.

Watching these final four teams in the West play makes it look like the Hawks are light-years away from competing.

Our time has past. Maybe we’ll compete a little better with a good goalie again, but our Stanley Cup competitor days are well behind us I’m afraid.

Last edited:
Great comeback by the Jets. I guess I don't remember Big Buf ever being interviewed before. Was not expecting that high pitched voice. Was expecting something more like the former bulls Bill Cartwright.