Los Angeles
New Keith Law midseason ranks:

3) Eloy Jimenez
9) Michael Kopech
31) Dylan Cease
36) Luis Robert
Honorable mention (13 of them): Micker Adolfo

Tatis Jr. and Guerrero Jr. ranked 1, 2.

Awesome to see Cease up there on Law's list. I think in the past he'd been conflicted about Dylan's makeup as it related to his starter/reliever projectability. He must be convinced at this point that he's a rotation piece. Not that Law gets even an ounce of say in these things, but he has a pretty decent track record in this regard, save for his infamous Chris Sale reservations.

Although they may or may not find themselves as top 100 guys at this point given the lumps they've taken, I really like where Collins and Rutherford are at in their development.

Illiniwek06

N of I-80
Awesome to see Cease up there on Law's list. I think in the past he'd been conflicted about Dylan's makeup as it related to his starter/reliever projectability. He must be convinced at this point that he's a rotation piece. Not that Law gets even an ounce of say in these things, but he has a pretty decent track record in this regard, save for his infamous Chris Sale reservations.

Although they may or may not find themselves as top 100 guys at this point given the lumps they've taken, I really like where Collins and Rutherford are at in their development.

Haaa yeah those Law hot takes on Sale's delivery issues/inability to hold up as a starter drove me crazy (as an optimistic Sox fan hoping for the best).

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Madrigal off to a good start in Low A ball. First game he hit .750 with 2 singles and a double, a stolen base, a walk, and 2 runs. Second game 2 for 5 with 2 RBIs.

Call him up to the majors.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Trade deadline approaching, you guys for or against moving Avi and or Abreu? I'm ok with Avi for sure. I say move Abreu for the right package. Let Houston and New York add to the system. I'd take a Kyle Tucker or Clint Frazier.

Illiniwek06

N of I-80
Madrigal continuing his hot start. Not .750 hot, but still exciting to see. Love this quote from him -

I think baseball has kind of evolved into a little bit different game nowadays. There's some guys that hit for more power and they're OK with striking out. I don't know, that's kind of their style of play. For me I really think it's one of the most embarrassing things ever to be on a baseball field and to let the pitcher strike you out and you have to walk back to the dugout. It doesn't sit well with me. It never has and I don't think it ever will.

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox/2018/07/the-inaugural-nick-madrigal-show/

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Rodon looking like an ACE. And an Ace from the 70s with the no undershirt chest hair out. Bringing back that Steve Stone look.

Bailey

Los Angeles
Rodon looking like an ACE. And an Ace from the 70s with the no undershirt chest hair out. Bringing back that Steve Stone look.

Wish we'd limit his pitch count a little more considering how recently he had major surgery, but damn he looks like he could be the best pitcher in Chicago on any given day.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Wish we'd limit his pitch count a little more considering how recently he had major surgery, but damn he looks like he could be the best pitcher in Chicago on any given day.
I wonder how much discomfort he has been pitching with from day 1. Could have been causing all the problems on why he was inconsistent from
start to start. Making small changes to his delivery to avoid the pain.

Rodon has the same amount of team control as when Quintana was traded. Yet he has nowhere near the track record of success and health that Quintana had. Quintana was more expensive, but not significantly so once Rodon’s arbitration salaries start kicking in next year.

Sox might hold out for a Quintana-type return because of timing. I’m sure they think Rodon can be part of their first playoff team after the rebuild under his current rookie contact. To make a trade, Sox would have to be convinced that whatever they get back will be better in 2020 and 2021 than Rodon will be in 2020 and 2021. Not sure though that anyone will be willing to pony that up.

Bailey

Los Angeles
Consider me extremely annoyed that Kopech & Eloy aren't up yet. I can see it now; Shields gets dealt and we call up Spencer Adams to fill his slot. It will be both hilarious and infuriating

ILL in IA

Iowa City
I'm getting itchy to see Eloy in the line-up every day. I need him to be with the big league club to re-energize my ability to sit down and watch this team. Thought I would look over the farm and see where we are at right now to make me feel good again....(ranked according to mlb.com)
1. Eloy....Should be up anytime soon. I feel like a little kid watching highlights of him crush baseballs
2. Kopech- Let Eloy come up first. Kopech needs to see time this year. Needs to fix the walks. My hope is he can do that with Coop.
3. Robert- Hard to say much, has only played in 21 games this year. Should get a good look at him in Arizona fall league.
4. Madrigal- Becoming my favorite Sox prospect with what I have heard him say in interviews 16 games in hitting 378 in A ball with 0 Ks in 53 at-bats. I think he can be a true table setter for a dangerous lineup when everyone is here. Call up next year?
5. Dylan Cease- Sox got a steal getting him with Eloy from the Cubs.
6. Dane Dunning-Most overlooked guy in the Sox system?
7. Rutherford- I was really disappointed with him last year. Thought the Sox got a bust from the Yankees. Bounce back year for sure. Power flashes from time to time, but I think he can be everyday CF for sure.

Injuries to start the year had me sick a possible wasted season of development. Looking over the season a lot of these guys have had makes me feel a lot better. But pitching is still a crap shoot. I would really like to see us get more position players in the draft, and be ready to spend on pitching when the club is ready.