2018 White Sox

Bailey

Los Angeles
Predictions for tonight's line! Because it's all I can think about here at my desk

5.1 IP 3H 7K 3BB 2ER 95p

Bailey

Los Angeles
lol welp, that was a fun two innings. May this fun fact carry us over until start #2...

Everyone knows Michael Kopech throws insanely hard. Now, we know he also has elite spin rate. In his 1st inning, Kopech's 4-seamer averaged *2,629 rpm.* MLB average is 2,262 rpm. Justin Verlander, the highest-spin starter, is averaging 2,613 rpm. He's gonna get a lot of whiffs.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Luis Avilan, fresh off his appearance in the 3rd inning yesterday has been traded to the Phillies for pitching prospect Felix Paulino. Doesn't seem to be in the top 20 Phillies prospects. Also called up Jose Rondon(infield) and bought the contract of Ryan Burr (RP) from Charlotte who is 4-3 with a 2.45 ERA, .190 opponent BA, with 51 strikeouts over 51 innings He's only, mostly in AA and has given up 1 run in 8.33 innings with Charlotte.

Last edited:
If I were a Sox fan, I'd be 100% ok with Kopech's start getting rained out. I have to think that debut innings are high stress innings no matter what. He's already up near his IP from last year, so just get him enough to be confident for next year.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
If I were a Sox fan, I'd be 100% ok with Kopech's start getting rained out. I have to think that debut innings are high stress innings no matter what. He's already up near his IP from last year, so just get him enough to be confident for next year.
I agree on the first start.

I believe the plan is to try and increase innings from last year by 25%. I think he will do that with 7 or 8 starts left. Get the inning count to that mark, and he will be in a position to log close to 200 innings next year with a full season in Chicago.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Gio, Lopez and Kopech as the weekends starting pitchers. The future state of the staff taking on Det. For what its worth I think the future front end of the staff will be Rodon, Kopech, Cease.

Bailey

Los Angeles
Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 11.58.41 AM.png

ILL in IA

Iowa City
When he gets the fastball over for a strike and gets ahead, Giolito can be really good

Bailey

Los Angeles
With Anderson, Moncada, Rodon, & Gio all clicking at the same time like this it's hard not to get excited about the remote possibility this all comes together as planned in the near future.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Timmy appearing on MLBN today.
To put an Underwood saying on Timmy.....He needs to be an everyday guy. He shows flashes like he just did in New York, of what his speed and energy can do to impact a game. He has put in a ton of work to be an MLB shortstop. If it all starts to click for him, he can be a major player in this lineup when it all comes together. But he needs to clean up some of the mental lapses he seems to have.

Illiniwek06

N of I-80
Eloy's camp upset with him not getting the call.

“How can you say with a straight face this guy needs to work on anything?” wondered Kinzer, the president of Rep1 baseball agency. “What’s he need to work on?”

Montes De Oca, referencing a late-July comment from ChiSox GM Rick Hahn about how both top prospects have a “checklist” they need to fulfill, said, “I don’t see what boxes he needs to check to be called up … except for service time.”

https://fancredsports.com/articles/jon-heyman-eloy-jimenezs-camp-unhappy-hes-unlike

ILL in IA

Iowa City
An extra year of control is worth it, plain and simple. It's not as if the Sox are trailblazers here. Jimenez has 7 years to get over it (or not).
Sign a deal like Sale, Eaton, Anderson all did to get money early, and we will call you up tomorrow.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL