2019 All B1G and Freshmen teams

I doubt we have anyone on the All B10 teams but I hope that we do. There are several young good big men.. Heres my All Big10 Freshman team thus far.

Romeo Langford Ind
Ayo Ill
Joe Wieskamp Iowa
GB.. Ill
Nick Bras. Mich

I thought thus could be fun since we have some good young talent and it appears a bright future. Go Illini.

You have to give consideration to Smith from Maryland and Mathis from Rutgers as well. Right now, I'd say those 7 have separated themselves a bit.

Then there are a handful of guys like McConnell from Rutgets that have had a couple really good games recently that if they continue to play like that for the rest of the year will be worthy of being talked about.

I think Oturu at Minnesota is also a guy to add to the 7 mentioned above. 10.8 pts, 7.4 rebs, 1.6 blocks/game. Frankly, even after yesterday, I think Giorgi still has some ground to make up, but he is definitely in the conversation.

As far as the other all conferences teams, I think as of right now we are sitting at 3 honorable mentions. But if we keep playing well down the stretch and finish 9-11, it'll probably be because one of those guys has played well enough to get to at least 3rd team.

The all B1G Freshman team is voted on by the coaches only and not the media and they are instructed to use B1G game results. The media does name a player though as FOY.

I think that FOY has to go to Ignas based on how good Michigan is and he happens to be their leading scorer. Ayo should be runner up and on the B10 freshman team. Giorgi would probably be honorable mention if they named that. Looking at our position in the conference we probably should have at least 1 All B10 Player, but I’m assuming coaches would split their vote between Trent, Ayo, and even Giorgi leaving us with three honorable mentions. I think Ayo is the best shot for 3rd team.

Deleted member 11241

D
I think that FOY has to go to Ignas based on how good Michigan is and he happens to be their leading scorer. Ayo should be runner up and on the B10 freshman team. Giorgi would probably be honorable mention if they named that. Looking at our position in the conference we probably should have at least 1 All B10 Player, but I’m assuming coaches would split their vote between Trent, Ayo, and even Giorgi leaving us with three honorable mentions. I think Ayo is the best shot for 3rd team.

Right now I would agree with all that, but who knows how the rest of season will play out. If Giorgi keeps it up I think him and Ayo both should be all freshman team with one or the other making at least all b1g 3rd team

Does anyone know of a site where you can get the conference only stats for players?

Stats:
Braz. FG%. .419 R. 5.3. Pts. 13.8
Giorgi. .602. 5.2. 14.2

Deleted member 29907

D
Stats:
Giorgi. .602. 5.2. 14.2
Yeah, I don't get the Braz hype. Good, yes, FOY? Not sure the stats are supporting that. Also, having a very good team (Mich) helps as the opponents can not focus on you ala Langford (Ind).

Stats:
Giorgi. .602. 5.2. 14.2
Langford .431. 5.1. 17.8
Ayo. .448. 3.5. 15.2
Believe Ayo and Giorgi are in top 5 statistically

Berg, here's the site that shows only B1G games for everybody in the conference.

https://bigten.org/confstats.aspx/2018-19/mbb/confonly#indiv

I put together a list of all freshmen statistics in conference play, taken from sports-reference.com/cbb

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Txf64SEUFw2-Qdr4zI49dJPOAh9vABiFhlXJIhYBIl0/edit#gid=0

Should be able to filter and sort to your heart's content using filter views if you want to see rebounds, assists, etc.

Top 5 per major categories:

Ayo Dosunmu, ILL - 15.2
Giorgi Bezhanishvili, ILL - 14.2
Ignas Brazdeikis, MICH - 13.8
Jalen Smith, MARY - 11.7

Rebounds:
Jalen Smith, MARY - 7.5
Daniel Oturu, MIN - 6.8
Trevion Williams, PUR - 5.5
Ignas Brazdeikis, MICH - 5.3
Joe Wieskamp, IOWA - 5.3

Assists:
Ayo Dosunmu, ILL - 3.5
Connor McCaffery, IOWA - 2.5
Rob Phinisee, IND - 2.1
Romeo Langford, IND - 1.8
Luther Muhammad, OSU - 1.8
Rasir Bolton, PSU - 1.8

I put together a list of all freshmen statistics in conference play, taken from sports-reference.com/cbb

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Txf64SEUFw2-Qdr4zI49dJPOAh9vABiFhlXJIhYBIl0/edit#gid=0

Should be able to filter and sort to your heart's content using filter views if you want to see rebounds, assists, etc.

Ayo Dosunmu, ILL - 15.2
Jalen Smith, MARY - 11.7

Rebounds:
Jalen Smith, MARY - 7.5
Daniel Oturu, MIN - 6.8
Joe Wieskamp, IOWA - 5.3

Assists:
Ayo Dosunmu, ILL - 3.5
Connor McCaffery, IOWA - 2.5
Rob Phinisee, IND - 2.1
Romeo Langford, IND - 1.8
Luther Muhammad, OSU - 1.8
Rasir Bolton, PSU - 1.8
Included in two categories: Ayo, Ignas, Jalen, Romeo
Giorgi stats for rebounds keep him for being considered one of the top centers. Close to the freshmen but down the list for all centers. Not sure if that is him or defensive scheme. Remember UConn national champion team's leading rebounder was a 6' guard and there was a seven ft shot blocker on the team.

The conference only stats do make things look better for both Ayo and Giorgi. Keep playing well and they've both got a good shot.

Giorgi stats for rebounds keep him for being considered one of the top centers. Close to the freshmen but down the list for all centers. Not sure if that is him or defensive scheme. Remember UConn national champion team's leading rebounder was a 6' guard and there was a seven ft shot blocker on the team.

Giorgi has 5.2 rbs/gm so only 0.1 from 4th, 0.3 from 3rd - not sure that keeps him from being considered. Also, Giorgi also second in conference out of everyone, not just freshmen, on FG%.

IMO the 4 you mentioned are the most likely to make the All-Freshman team. Last spot probably will come down to Giorgi, Wieskamp, and Oturu. Giorgi has the edge on those two right now if the season were to end today, but of course I'm a bit biased. Hopefully he can keep this run up down the stretch.

Ayo Dosunmu, ILL - 15.2
Jalen Smith, MARY - 11.7

Rebounds:
Jalen Smith, MARY - 7.5
Daniel Oturu, MIN - 6.8
Joe Wieskamp, IOWA - 5.3

Assists: