2019 NBA Draft

Lots of activity. Here's a spot to track things.

Yahoo Early Entry Tracker
I've found this list more comprehensive, Yahoo seems to be missing some guys.

B1G early entrants so far that I can see:

Romeo Langford, IU
Carsen Edwards, Purdue
Amir Coffey, Minnesota
Tyler Cook, Iowa

Light research shows that Coffey, and Cook appear to be hiring agents as well.

Romeo Langford, IU
Carsen Edwards, Purdue
Amir Coffey, Minnesota
Tyler Cook, Iowa

How many of these four are likely to be drafted?

Is there a movie on this flight?
Elmhurst

Romeo Langford, IU
Carsen Edwards, Purdue
Amir Coffey, Minnesota
Tyler Cook, Iowa

Plus Roby. Perhaps needless to say, their teams will be taking huge hits. Love it.

Don’t understand Cook. He’s 6’9 and good underneath, but can’t shoot from outside the lane.
He tested the waters last year, came back to try and improve his stock. I don't think it went up or down too much, but he probably really can't improve it much more with another season. Kinda similar to Leron last year for us in that regard (no idea if he's graduated yet though)

Los Angeles
He tested the waters last year, came back to try and improve his stock. I don't think it went up or down too much, but he probably really can't improve it much more with another season. Kinda similar to Leron last year for us in that regard (no idea if he's graduated yet though)
Rebound and outrun everybody rim to rim. There's a place at the backend of a rotation for guys like that. Rondae Hollis Jefferson comes to mind.

Cook pretty much said last year he hated the school part of playing hoops in college. Came back because the NBA told him to. He will make a living playing basketball next year, just not sure what league it will come from.

New ESPN mock posted today has Ayo going to Philly at #44. Other notables include:

#12 Romeo Langford (to Miami)
#18 THT (to Indiana)
#28 Carson Edwards (to Golden State)
#34 Bruno Fernando (to Philly)
#37 Isaiah Roby (to Bulls)
#40 Ignas (to Sacramento)

April 21: Deadline for early entrants to declare for the draft
May 29: NCAA early entrant withdrawal deadline
June 20: NBA Draft (Brooklyn, NY)

Lots of activity. Here's a spot to track things.

Yahoo Early Entry Tracker
Today is also the deadline to request evaluation from NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee, which then allows you to hire an agent under the new agent rule as discussed above. I don't know if these evaluation requests are typically made public, but I would expect to see a decent amount of names declaring today.

Bonnaroo Land
New ESPN mock posted today has Ayo going to Philly at #44. Other notables include:

#12 Romeo Langford (to Miami)
#18 THT (to Indiana)
#28 Carson Edwards (to Golden State)
#34 Bruno Fernando (to Philly)
#37 Isaiah Roby (to Bulls)
#40 Ignas (to Sacramento)
Hopefully Ayo uses this development as more motivation (since he is already a highly motivated cat) to get his game to lottery pick level.

I'm surprised by how many are hiring agents but projected to go in the mid-late 2nd round. That's shocking to me! To each their own.
According to NBCsports...
69% of 2nd Rd NBA Draft picks in the last 6 drafts landed at least a 1 year guaranteed NBA contract.

"Of the 72 college players selected between 31st and 45th during the last six drafts, 65 of them — or a whopping 90.3 percent — received a guaranteed contract from an NBA team. Just two of the college players that were taken in the top 40 since 2012 did not receive a guaranteed contract during their first season as a pro..."

Many believe underclassmen only leaving for NBA w/ 1st Rd guarantee is antiquated.

According to NBCsports...
69% of 2nd Rd NBA Draft picks in the last 6 drafts landed at least a 1 year guaranteed NBA contract.
The problem is, you don't know exactly where you're going to be drafted. So if you're projected somewhere in the middle of the second round, it's a roll of the dice.