2019 NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to NBCsports...
69% of 2nd Rd NBA Draft picks in the last 6 drafts landed at least a 1 year guaranteed NBA contract.

"Of the 72 college players selected between 31st and 45th during the last six drafts, 65 of them — or a whopping 90.3 percent — received a guaranteed contract from an NBA team. Just two of the college players that were taken in the top 40 since 2012 did not receive a guaranteed contract during their first season as a pro..."

Many believe underclassmen only leaving for NBA w/ 1st Rd guarantee is antiquated.
Lots of fallacies here. As noted above, are you getting a second round guarantee?

Also, I'd love to know how the agents work. let's say I get a 3 year, 3 million total deal with one year, 1 million guaranteed. How much does the agent get year 1?

I do think though that guys are smart if they leave after their junior year in many instances. If you're going to be earning significant dollars you might as well do it sooner rather than later. Your value probably doesn't go up much after year 3 in most instances

Lots of fallacies here. As noted above, are you getting a second round guarantee?

Also, I'd love to know how the agents work. let's say I get a 3 year, 3 million total deal with one year, 1 million guaranteed. How much does the agent get year 1?

I do think though that guys are smart if they leave after their junior year in many instances. If you're going to be earning significant dollars you might as well do it sooner rather than later. Your value probably doesn't go up much after year 3 in most instances
I'm not really sure what you are trying to say. Most of the time, I imagine you are correct. Probably, and in most instances are not really how people make their own decisions. I don't know anyone who lives their lives based on probabilities. How they develop their sn. year is unique. What team might draft them, and the team's needs are unique. So on, and so on.

I would say its 98% chance Wieskamp is back. Just taking advantage of getting feedback on what he needs to work on. The Moss stuff is interesting. He has never seemed to be a Fran guy to me. Fran is quick to take him out of the line up for little things. Who knows though.

But from what I am hearing, the older McCaffery will probably only play 1 more year of hoops. He is a really good baseball player who has a much better chance to be drafted if he focuses on that, He will get to play 1 year with his brother and then be done with hoops.

Today is also the deadline to request evaluation from NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee, which then allows you to hire an agent under the new agent rule as discussed above. I don't know if these evaluation requests are typically made public, but I would expect to see a decent amount of names declaring today.
So as far as we know, Ayo did not do this? If so, I'm surprised.

I think I'd read somewhere that agents can get up to 5% if they negotiate the deal. If it's just handling the legal aspects, it can be considerably less or a flat fee. I'm sure it varies quite a bit.

Illini optimist
Charleston
I've been Watching the Philadelphia/Brooklyn game II. I just do NOT understand how anyone thinks Ayo is ready to join THAT GAME.
He doesn't have the shot, he doesn't have the physicality, he doesn't bang as hard, he cannot set or get past those hard moving screens. I am not saying he won't get there, but he is NOT there.

PLUS, he doesn't have Jarrett Allen's hair.

Last edited:
Two more Hoosiers declaring for the NBA Draft

Al Durham and Justin Smith are two of the newest Indiana basketball players to test the waters, and put their names in the NBA Draft. Said to be just testing the waters and will probably be back.

But that makes 7 players entering the draft from Indiana Hoosiers
Not quite, it's actually 7 players from Indiana schools.

4 from IU (Romeo Langford, Al Durham, Justin Smith, Devonte Green) 1 from Purdue (Carsen Edwards), 1 from Notre Dame (TJ Gibbs), 1 from Valpo (Derrik Smits)

Today is the deadline for players to withdraw from the NBA Draft and return to school.

Notables confirmed staying in:
Iowa - Tyler Cook
Indiana - Romeo Langford
Maryland - Bruno Fernando
Michigan - Charles Matthews, Jordan Poole, Ignas Brazdeikis
Minnesota - Amir Coffey
Missouri - Jontay Porter
Nebraska - Isaiah Roby
Purdue - Carsen Edwards

Notables withdrawn:
Indiana - Al Durham, Devonte Green, Justin Smith
Iowa - Joe Wieskamp
Maryland - Anthony Cowan
Missouri - Jeremiah Tilmon
Ohio State - Kaleb Wesson
Penn State - Lamar Stevens

Since I know some on this board care, Talen Horton-Tucker appears to be staying in the draft but I haven't seen any official confirmation one way or another.

Nick Ward of Michigan State also declared early, and one list I saw on reddit appears to have him as confirmed staying in, but the linked source has been deleted so I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.