2019 St. Louis Cardinals

BillyBob1

Champaign
Martinez needs to stay in the line-up. Yes he’s not a great defender, but he makes plays hit to him and its not often when balls are hit to him that could have an impact on the game.

107822219f1fdd28becba77b6522c3aa.jpg

Congratulations Waino. With more than 100 years of franchise history it's very impressive.

In holding the Brewers to one run over six innings, Wainwright became the fifth pitcher in franchise history to achieve 150 career wins as a Cardinal.
Wainwright’s climb up the franchise leaderboard may not be complete either. Three more wins would tie him with Bill Sherdel for fourth all-time in Cardinals history, and he sits 13 wins shy of matching Bob Forsch. Bob Gibson, of course, holds the Cardinals’ record with 251 career victories. Jesse Haines had 210.
Jenifer Langosch

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Season series now tied 5-5, with 6 of the last 9 games against the Brewers in St. Louis.
I feel pretty good having split with Brewers in the April games. Especially with the way the first 4 went.

and Jason Isringhausen, two players integral to the Cardinals’ run of success last decade and members of the 2006 World Series championship club, can now also call themselves Cardinals Hall of Famers.

The two earned a place in the Cardinals’ 2019 Hall of Fame class by being the top two finishers in a fan vote, which spanned six weeks and drew more than 75,000 votes.

A third member of the class -- right-handed pitcher Mort Cooper -- was chosen for induction by members of the Red Ribbon Committee, a group of veteran sports journalists and Cardinals Hall of Fame managers who select an additional inductee who has been retired for at least 40 years.

STL

I was watching the Fox Sports MW show announcing the winners. It was nice to see Albert congratulate them via video. Very classy.

the national

the Front Range
A little bummed about Reyes. He’s having a rough start to the season. I get his frustration but man, punching a wall is pretty dumb

Wasn’t too confident being down 3 runs to a soft throwing lefty. Nice having 4 outfielders all producing!

The Cardinals should be able to crush left handed pitching. Martinez - gyroko and Bader all feast on lefties, which is great because Dexter should never face a lefty and Wong should be limited against them so plenty of ABs for Martinez and Gyroko in place of them.

BillyBob1

Champaign
The Cardinals should be able to crush left handed pitching. Martinez - gyroko and Bader all feast on lefties, which is great because Dexter should never face a lefty and Wong should be limited against them so plenty of ABs for Martinez and Gyroko in place of them.

Agree

the national

the Front Range
Nice W tonight. Wano has another quality start and gets out of an early ham. Giving up the two homers wasn’t fun but didn’t sink the ship.

the national

the Front Range
And Miller getting the save! Grant looks really good too!
absolutely! The bullpen has been really reliable thus far. A part of me is waiting for a slump to hit but for now its alot of fun!

(BTW i meant Jam not Ham in my previous comment)

The Cardinals traded Francisco Pena, who served as Yadier Molina's backup in 2018, to San Francisco in exchange for cash. The move gives Pena a chance to have a clear road to the majors and be the backup that he wasn't going to be for the Cardinals, if Matt Wieters and Molina remained healthy. The trade was announced by the Cardinals.
Link
I am glad for Pena. It would have been nice to get a Class A player in return but Pena doesn't have much value.

Pitching match-ups for this weekend's first Cardinals-Cubs series of the season at Wrigley:

Friday: Flaherty (3-1, 4.06) vs. Hendricks (1-4, 5.33)
Saturday: Wacha (2-0, 4.78) vs. Darvish (2-3, 5.02)
Sunday: Wainwright (3-2, 3.73) vs. Quintana (3-1, 3.48)

Pitching match-ups for this weekend's first Cardinals-Cubs series of the season at Wrigley:

Friday: Flaherty (3-1, 4.06) vs. Hendricks (1-4, 5.33)
Saturday: Wacha (2-0, 4.78) vs. Darvish (2-3, 5.02)
Sunday: Wainwright (3-2, 3.73) vs. Quintana (3-1, 3.48)

It doesn't matter what their records are, the Cubs trio can be bears. When they are on they might walk away with a shutout and 10-12 Ks. All three have had pretty good success in their recent outings.