2019 St. Louis Cardinals

Link
I am glad for Pena. It would have been nice to get a Class A player in return but Pena doesn't have much value.

Danny Mac let slip on air the other day they allegedly the Cardinals got Jose Martinez for $1 from the Royals, so that could be what "cash considerations" means.

Which is hilarious, because in most of these cases the player is on Pena's level, which is "only break glass in case of emergency". Jose Martinez is a legit starting quality major league player for $1!

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
It doesn't matter what their records are, the Cubs trio can be bears. When they are on they might walk away with a shutout and 10-12 Ks. All three have had pretty good success in their recent outings.

You nailed that one, at least in regards to Hendricks.

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
save Darvish, whatever "bug" the other quartet of starters had in the first two week of the season, is pretty much gone. Q has been on fire, Lester & Hamels are having a fine twilight to their long careers, and Hendricks is the Greg Maddux type guy. You guys are still in first, and have a pretty decent team this year, but I think it will be close all season long, with us looking down more than up. just my 2cents.

Re Milwaukee: Yelich cant keep hitting like he has been , can he ?

save Darvish, whatever "bug" the other quartet of starters had in the first two week of the season, is pretty much gone. Q has been on fire, Lester & Hamels are having a fine twilight to their long careers, and Hendricks is the Greg Maddux type guy. You guys are still in first, and have a pretty decent team this year, but I think it will be close all season long, with us looking down more than up. just my 2cents.

Re Milwaukee: Yelich cant keep hitting like he has been , can he ?

Milwaukee doesn’t have the pitching to keep up. The Cubs have 0 starting pitching depth, which is fine now (and miraculously has not really reared it’s head in this entire Cubs run), but that has to end eventually. Two 35 year olds and Darvish, somebody has to get hurt.

That said the Cardinals are already into their pitching depth so they can’t go much further either. I’d take their offense over all of them though, might not be a below 100 wRC+ hitter in the bunch once Carp turns it around.

*sigh* Decisions decisions. Listening to Buck or McCarver.
Oh why must it be so?
*sighhhhh*

the national

the Front Range
Ugh, that was painful. 2 times with the bases loaded, giving up the grand slam. Man, that was has me really fired up and frustrated. I hate losing to the cubs that way.

Ugh, that was painful. 2 times with the bases loaded, giving up the grand slam. Man, that was has me really fired up and frustrated. I hate losing to the cubs that way.

Worst part is that Taylor Davis hit it. Who? His next time up it looked like it was his first time swinging a bat.

IlliniFan85

Colorado Springs, CO
I'm not getting updates for this thread anymore. Kind of frustrating.

Very frustrating game today.

Wokker

"The Good Land", WI
Milwaukee doesn’t have the pitching to keep up. The Cubs have 0 starting pitching depth, which is fine now (and miraculously has not really reared it’s head in this entire Cubs run), but that has to end eventually. Two 35 year olds and Darvish, somebody has to get hurt.

That said the Cardinals are already into their pitching depth so they can’t go much further either. I’d take their offense over all of them though, might not be a below 100 wRC+ hitter in the bunch once Carp turns it around.

Cubs fan here. Montgomery is pretty great as a 6th starter/swing man. We also have Chatwood, who chat the bed last year but otherwise has been a pretty strong starter throughout his career. Our depth isn't as good as STL's, but it's not nothing.

Wokker

"The Good Land", WI
Worst part is that Taylor Davis hit it. Who? His next time up it looked like it was his first time swinging a bat.

I'm gonna be honest. I missed his Slam. I was pretty shocked when I saw what he did today. He's our (cubs) MiLB depth catcher. Only there BC our backup is hurt. Tough break.

bdutts

Houston, Texas

Wacha had two hits and two RBIs today. Anyone with a bat in his hand is potentially dangerous. And Davis was.

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
Wacha had two hits and two RBIs today. Anyone with a bat in his hand is potentially dangerous. And Davis was.
it was a truly an incredible come from behind W. I was convinced it was over at 1-5. Once tied, I still was convinced it was a matter of time until we gave up 3 more. Cards blew plenty of chances. I could not believe we escaped so many times without them scoring . And then once Javy homered, I knew it was over.

the national

the Front Range
it was a truly an incredible come from behind W. I was convinced it was over at 1-5. Once tied, I still was convinced it was a matter of time until we gave up 3 more. Cards blew plenty of chances. I could not believe we escaped so many times without them scoring . And then once Javy homered, I knew it was over.
For whatever reason, ever since the playoff game of 2015, we always played soo scared against the cubs in Wrigley. Except for Carp’s ridiculous game last year, I never feel confident up there. Having the bases loaded twice with no runs to show for it, it’s crazy. We haven’t had so many guys left on base this year

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Good weekend to make up ground. Hopefully, take care of business against the Pirates (like yesterday) and let the Cubs and Brewers beat each other.

IlliniFan85

Colorado Springs, CO
What's Bader doing on the team if he can't play CF? The player management this year is driving me insane. I thought we got rid of Matheny.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
How long can we keep Carpenter in the leadoff spot batting .200? I know he had the day off today but, believe he was 0-5 in one of those 2-1 losses to Pirates. Seems like Fowler might be a better lead off option at this point.

IlliniFan85

Colorado Springs, CO
How long can we keep Carpenter in the leadoff spot batting .200? I know he had the day off today but, believe he was 0-5 in one of those 2-1 losses to Pirates. Seems like Fowler might be a better lead off option at this point.

0-4 I believe Saturday and 0-5 Friday.

the national

the Front Range
What's Bader doing on the team if he can't play CF? The player management this year is driving me insane. I thought we got rid of Matheny.
i told my wife the same thing, We need bader out there for his defense. He brings a lot of energy to the lineup and seems to play loose. We look so tight right now, we need a shakeup.

He had a strained knee or something, was the rumor. The real travesty is that O'Neil went down, has hit 4 home runs in the last week since being down, and Yairo Munoz had to start in CF on the big club.

They're going to have to make a room clearing trade, especially since Jose Martinez should be playing everyday and O'Neil should be in the MLB. That leaves Fowler out, have to move him now, maybe a team would buy into his hot start.

IlliniFan85

Colorado Springs, CO
Which team shows up tonight? The team that scored 17 last Thursday and 14 on Tuesday or the team that scored 0 yesterday and 1 Friday and 1 Saturday?

They live by the home run and die by the strikeout.

It's really the pitching. They won't win 85 games with 60% of the starts being taken by Wainwright - Hudson - Wacha. Something's gotta change. The offense will even out, that part of the team is actually good.

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
It's really the pitching. They won't win 85 games with 60% of the starts being taken by Wainwright - Hudson - Wacha. Something's gotta change. The offense will even out, that part of the team is actually good.

Wish they could acquire another starting pitcher. Keuchel? Bumgarner? Somebody.

Wish they could acquire another starting pitcher. Keuchel? Bumgarner? Somebody.

I know, it's almost criminal at this point that they keep giving what looks to be a broken Wacha and decrepit Wainwright starts while Keuchel is sitting there available for just money.