2019 St. Louis Cardinals

Also frustrated that Carp got to bat lead off on his return. He’s due up 3rd in the 9th which means he batted once more than Edman.

Honestly, I’m just frustrated he’s back. I wanted to sell high on him a few years ago. Really wasn’t excited about extending him at age 33 this year.

Now that I’ve hated on him, he can blast a homer.

BillyBob1

Champaign
Well that was an ugly west coast trip. Can they recover?

In one weeks time, they have gone from being one game ahead in first place to a team that looks like they are toast. Goldschmidt stopped hitting. Relief pitching in the 9th just gave them the game.

the national

the Front Range
That grand slam was amazing! In my head, I kept saying 'please let him hit one out, please let him hit one out'. Then, it happened. My jaw dropped. That literally hasn't happened this year. Everytime I hope for a hit, the batter strikes out.

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
Unluckily for us, this is the last time we play them at Busch this year. We have one last series against them the first full weekend of September but that's in Pittsburgh.

But the Cards do have a stretch in late August and early September where they play 15 of 18 games at home (Brewers, Rockies, Reds, and Giants).

But the Cards do have a stretch in late August and early September where they play 15 of 18 games at home (Brewers, Rockies, Reds, and Giants).
Milwaukee 5-5
Col 0-0
Cin 7-4
SF 1-2
Total 13-11 (.542)

Pitt 12-4 (.750)

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
Milwaukee 5-5
Col 0-0
Cin 7-4
SF 1-2
Total 13-11 (.542)

Pitt 12-4 (.750)

My point was the number of home games during that stretch. Cards are 34-23 at home, 27-32 away,

My point was the number of home games during that stretch. Cards are 34-23 at home, 27-32 away,
I understand. My point is that St Lou has Pittsburgh's number this year. As for home/away split, they are 6-0 in Pittsburgh. You can't get better than that.
I know it is not possible but I wish St Lou could play them a lot more this year.

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
I understand. My point is that St Lou has Pittsburgh's number this year. As for home/away split, they are 6-0 in Pittsburgh. You can't get better than that.
I know it is not possible but I wish St Lou could play them a lot more this year.

Me, too. Hope we can handle them again September 6-8! (y)

Me, too. Hope we can handle them again September 6-8! (y)

What I would really love is to play the in October. they of course would have to win the wildcard game. ;)

Yadi off the IL and Arozarena called up. Jose Martinez to the IL and Knizner sent down.

Ok, now that there's 4 competant outfielders on the roster, if Shildt keeps throwing Tommy Edman or Munoz out there I'm ready to go full "he's just as bad as Matheny".

And personally, I'm very excited about Arozarena and think the starting 3 should be Ozuna - Fowler - Arozarena until they wise up and get Bader back up to the majors so he can take Fowler's spot.

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
Two consecutive shutouts! Not too shabby, It's really great to see Hudson pitching well again. And first place again, even if it's just by a percentage point!