2019 St. Louis Cardinals

Don't want to hex us, but I like our chances the way we are playing.

We have everyone hitting, love Edmond and Thomas, Carp hitting better, bullpen and starting pitching a plus. Let's get to the playoffs!

BillyBob1

Champaign
Add another thing to the list of I can’t believe what I’m seeing! A rain delay in a stadium with a roof. Almost as bad as the game last year when pitcher had a no hitter in Cincinnati and the fire alarm goes off.

Add another thing to the list of I can’t believe what I’m seeing! A rain delay in a stadium with a roof. Almost as bad as the game last year when pitcher had a no hitter in Cincinnati and the fire alarm goes off.
what happened? Did they have to come off the field while they closed the roof?

BillyBob1

Champaign
what happened? Did they have to come off the field while they closed the roof?

Yes. It’s was pouring. It seemed like they didn’t start closing the roof right away either. The head of the grounds crew should have known that storm was coming in.

We have everyone hitting, love Edmond and Thomas, Carp hitting better, bullpen and starting pitching a plus. Let's get to the playoffs!

Not really. I kind of feel bad for him at this point. Everyone else is hitting, but I cringe when Carp is up right now. Even Bader has been smashing the ball since coming back up. Maybe we need to send Carp down.

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
Not really. I kind of feel bad for him at this point. Everyone else is hitting, but I cringe when Carp is up right now. Even Bader has been smashing the ball since coming back up. Maybe we need to send Carp down.

Carp also made a couple of base running blunders last night which cost the Cardinals a run. He's not in the lineup today, even though Milwaukee's pitcher is right handed.

BillyBob1

Champaign
Carp also made a couple of base running blunders last night which cost the Cardinals a run. He's not in the lineup today, even though Milwaukee's pitcher is right handed.

Haven’t looked at the lineup, but the way Wong played yesterday, I would imagine he is in the lineup today with Edman back at third.

Gonna be a busy weekend in St. Louis for baseball. The Cardinals and Reds were already scheduled to play a day night doubleheader tomorrow and with tonight's game being rained out they'll now also play a day night doubleheader on Sunday too. Can't really do much about the schedule though. It's the Reds' last trip to St. Louis this season and even though the teams do have one common off day left, if they rescheduled the game to that day, the Cardinals wouldn't have another off day until September 26th.

Looks like it'll be Hudson and Wacha for the Cardinals in the doubleheader on Saturday. Mikolas and Ponce de Leon in the doubleheader on Sunday.

In addition, Lane Thomas has a fractured wrist and is expected to miss the rest of the season as he has been placed on the IL. Tyler O'Neill was recalled to take Thomas' spot on the roster.