2019 St. Louis Cardinals

the national

the Front Range
Man, this is depressing. I live out in the front range and have watched alot of rockies games. they havent looked this good since april. What the heck is going on? Yesterday we did look apathetic, but today it just felt different. We got schooled.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
Man, this is depressing. I live out in the front range and have watched alot of rockies games. they havent looked this good since april. What the heck is going on? Yesterday we did look apathetic, but today it just felt different. We got schooled.

At least the cubs are losing as well.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
I wouldn’t have bet on back to back 2-1 games at Coors Field. Need to get some offense going. Wasted a couple of good pitching efforts there.

BillyBob1

Champaign
The sad thing about this series is it should have been swept by the Cardinals. With the garbage pitchers the Rockies threw out there and the pitching the Cardinals got, should never have lost.

The last 16 games will be even more difficult. They will have decent pitching but need to get more than 1 run a game then blurt 10 in only 1 game.

the national

the Front Range
The last 16 games will be even more difficult. They will have decent pitching but need to get more than 1 run a game then blurt 10 in only 1 game.
Consistency has been there issue all year. I have been worried about it but I look back at the standings are we still sit at 4 ahead. Maybe I’m getting too confident but it seems like we haven’t been bitten by our randomly off games.

Consistency has been there issue all year. I have been worried about it but I look back at the standings are we still sit at 4 ahead. Maybe I’m getting too confident but it seems like we haven’t been bitten by our randomly off games.
Uh, the last 2 games.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Exactly, but we didn’t lose ground in the central. (Those two games really frustrating btw)
The whole division has been inconsistent, with pitching and scoring. Cards have played teams with a winning record at just below .500 clip (34-37). If they play .500, while playing the teams chasing them, we will be all good! ps- Cubs are 38-42 vs .500, Brewers, surprisingly, 48-40. D'backs, 36-40, Nats, 38-44.

Exactly, but we didn’t lose ground in the central. (Those two games really frustrating btw)

Yea, everyone needs to take solace in the fact that a 4 game lead is actually pretty daunting at this point in the season, with only 16 games to play.

I know they play the Cubs in 7 of those games, but regardless of opponent, if the Cardinals just go 8-8 the Cubs or Brewers have to go 12-4 just to tie. Going 12-4 is not easy.

Yea, everyone needs to take solace in the fact that a 4 game lead is actually pretty daunting at this point in the season, with only 16 games to play.

I know they play the Cubs in 7 of those games, but regardless of opponent, if the Cardinals just go 8-8 the Cubs or Brewers have to go 12-4 just to tie. Going 12-4 is not easy.

I am not freaking out. I understand the mathematics behind it all. But it is slightly more complex than simply saying all they have to do is to go "8-8". It's a matter of WHO do they lose those 8 games to. I doubt it will happen but IF they lose ALL 7 to the Cubs, going 8-8 won't help much. The Brewers only play 3 games so the typical play 8-8 works a little better against them.

I am not freaking out. I understand the mathematics behind it all. But it is slightly more complex than simply saying all they have to do is to go "8-8". It's a matter of WHO do they lose those 8 games to. I doubt it will happen but IF they lose ALL 7 to the Cubs, going 8-8 won't help much. The Brewers only play 3 games so the typical play 8-8 works a little better against them.

Well, the likelihood of the Cardinals losing all 7 against the Cubs and still going 8-8 is pretty low. And no, it doesn't matter who the games are against, Cubs go 11-5 winning all 7 of their head to heads, Cardinals go 8-8 (8-1 against not Cubs teams), and they still win the division (pending Brewers results). I'm just saying, being 4 games up with 16 to play is a pretty "odds heavily in your favor" scenario. Obviously there are scenarios in which that lead goes away the Cubs/ Brewers win the division, but there's a reason Fangraphs has the Cardinals with 76.7% odds to win the division.

I mean it's baseball, so things that only have a 23.3% likelihood of happening (the Cardinals NOT winning the division) do happen sometimes, but only... 23.3% of the time.

the national

the Front Range
Man, isnt September baseball fun?! 🙂

Don't look now but the cubs whipped Pittsburgh 8-17. They had 3 innings with 5 runs or more.

#12 (nothing else needs to be said)
How about Bill White?
d1a15eff09a470dfede0ac0fc5291313.jpg

NL Central gonna come down to the final two weeks of the season as the top 3 teams are all within 3 games of each other. After the final series of the season between the Cardinals and Brewers which ended today, here's what the 3 NL Central contenders have left:
-Cardinals: 3 vs. Washington, 4 @ Cubs, 3 @ Arizona, 3 vs. Cubs
-Cubs: 3 vs. Reds, 4 vs. Cardinals, 3 @ Pirates, 3 @ Cardinals
-Brewers: 4 vs. Padres, 3 vs. Pirates, 3 @ Reds, 3 @ Rockies

Considering what they have left, the Brewers may actually have a chance to win this division still, even without Yelich.

BillyBob1

Champaign
So the Reds are starting a relief pitcher in centerfield tonight. Good to see they’re are putting forth the effort to try and win or compete. With all the call ups, they don’t have an outfielder to play?

So the Reds are starting a relief pitcher in centerfield tonight. Good to see they’re are putting forth the effort to try and win or compete. With all the call ups, they don’t have an outfielder to play?

With Winker and Schebler both hurt, they kinda don’t. This is Lorenzen’s 23rd game of the season in the outfield and he’s not awful with the bat.