2019 St. Louis Cardinals

Well, that 9th inning was nerve wracking but, good on Carpenter for coming up big.

My immediate reaction to tonight's victory:

PreciousThornyFieldspaniel-small.gif

Yes, Dad was right a lot! Lost him in 2009, but I talked to him throughout the magical 2011 playoffs. I still talk to him often.

Split screen, #6 Brewers, #4 Cubs.

I know exactly what that's like. Lost my dad in 07. We got tickets to game 3 of the 06 WS. That was the year of the "Spiezio" the fake little soul patch. Vendors were selling them everywhere before the game. I bought one and had Dad stick it on. I took his picture.

I probably cried for an hour when I picked up my phone to call Dad after game game 6 in 11.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Sorry, I was watching in a bar, with no sound, in Chicagoland. Was that really a balk, prior to the 2nd chance 2 run shot?

the national

the Front Range
Sorry, I was watching in a bar, with no sound, in Chicagoland. Was that really a balk, prior to the 2nd chance 2 run shot?
It didn’t seem like it to me. Everyone seemed surprised by the call. He did rest his arms but didn’t 100% stop but in no way did he try to trick the runner. It seemed to be a weak call. I’ve seen worse not get called

By rule? Yes.

But it's a rule that most umpires let go unless it's blatantly obvious, which this was not. Then add in the fact that it was a 1 run game, late in the game, late in the season, in the middle of a pennant race, and the guy struck out on the pitch.

It was bad. Very, very bad.

Does anyone know how the MLB determines the playoff game times? I might try to go to the games in Atlanta (assuming we end up playing), but am afraid the games will get scheduled during the day.

BillyBob1

Champaign
Does anyone know how the MLB determines the playoff game times? I might try to go to the games in Atlanta (assuming we end up playing), but am afraid the games will get scheduled during the day.

My guess is television. Yankees and Dodgers in prime time.