2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Still a lot of hockey left, but man does this series feel way different than it did 3 days ago. To take the first two on the road and then lay eggs at home is brutal. Hopefully the road team winning trend continues.

Agreed. The Blues absolutely have to get something out of their top line. The Schaifle (sp?) line for the Jets has 15 points in this series. The Blues top line (O'Reilly, Schenn and Tarasenko) has 4 points.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Amazing comeback by the Blues tonight. Down 2-0 and score 3 in the 3rd including the game winner by Jaden Schwartz with 15 seconds to go.

Game 6 is Saturday night at 6:00 PM. Game will air on NBCSN.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Amazing comeback by the Blues tonight. Down 2-0 and score 3 in the 3rd including the game winner by Jaden Schwartz with 15 seconds to go.

Game 6 is Saturday night at 6:00 PM. Game will air on NBCSN.

I was so dejected going into that third period. Almost didn’t watch it, but glad I stuck with it.

I was so dejected going into that third period. Almost didn’t watch it, but glad I stuck with it.

I'm sure there was a lot of people that felt that same way. Spoke to someone today who said they went to sleep at the end of the 2nd period because they had to get up early for work and was surprised when they woke up this morning and found out the Blues won.

One stat that does work in the Blues favor heading into tonight's game:

This series is the 4th time in NHL history where the road team has won the first five games of the series. In the previous 3 instances, the home team won Game 6.

Dallas defeats Nashville 2-1 in OT. It will be Blues-Stars in the 2nd round with the Blues having home ice advantage. Haven't heard anything definitive about the schedule yet but it sounds like it'll start Friday.

Not sure I agree with the game misconduct penalty. Felt like a little justification that Vegas tied it up.

Question that was brought up in discussion I heard today. Should penalties like that one last night be reviewable?

Yeah, (I should have referenced the major penalty rather than the game misconduct) I have a hard time going with the idea of reviewing whether penalties occurred, but reviewing the severity could be a possibility. My fear would be that as soon as you open the door for one instance of reviewing penalties it will lead to an ever-growing chorus for expanded review of penalties. It's tough, you want to get it right but at what cost to the aesthetics of the game?