2020-2021 Team Makeup

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Alan doesn’t start before Adam and Dre11, then we have one hell of a guard rotation. He just keeps getting better and I would love for there frosh to be better than him.
AG could start with them all though I dont see TF coming off the bench. AG is playing a 3 and AM and Dre are a 2 and a 1

Last edited:
If Alan doesn’t start before Adam and Dre11, then we have one hell of a guard rotation. He just keeps getting better and I would love for there frosh to be better than him.

Trent
Adam
Alan
DaMonte
Kofi

should be the starters next year.

Andre
Hutch
Grand
Jones (?) or another Hawkins (?)
Giorgi

Second wave

Trent
Adam
Alan
DaMonte
Kofi

Andre
Hutch
Grand
Giorgi

Second wave
I certainly hope that we can find someone other than 6'3" DW to play the 4. I love DW but he is out of position and is doing all he can now but it is a clear weakness of our team on both ends of the floor. If not for Kofi it wouldnt be even possible to get away doing. We have some guys like BBV that were brought here to address this issue from last year and next season. That is what we need to take the next step and to play at the 4. DW will play some 3 but I expect his minutes to go down at the 4 if at all next season. I feel that if we have a transfer we may look at add a true 4 to go with BBV, JG, and GB. If GB could shoot better he would be playing the 4 now. To be a top 10 or elite program that's what needs to happen in 20-21

I certainly hope that we can find someone other than 6'3" DW to play the 4. I love DW but he is out of position and is doing all he can now but it is a clear weakness of our team on both ends of the floor. If not for Kofi it wouldnt be even possible to get away doing. We have some guys like BBV that were brought here to address this issue from last year and next season. That is what we need to take the next step and to play at the 4. DW will play some 3 but I expect his minutes to go down at the 4 if at all next season. I feel that if we have a transfer we may look at add a true 4 to go with BBV, JG, and GB. If GB could shoot better he would be playing the 4 now. To be a top 10 or elite program that's what needs to happen in 20-21
Between BBV and Hawkins, we'll be fine at the 4 next year.

Trent
Adam
Alan
DaMonte
Kofi

Andre
Hutch
Grand
Giorgi

Second wave
That would be my guess on starting lineup too. Not ideal having DMW at 4, but does anyone really think that untested BBV or Hawkins is going to start. Heck people been calling for AG to start over DMW when he was playing the 3. BU values D, rebounding and most importantly players he can trust to know the offense and defense and be in right spots/do the right thing.

That would be my guess on starting lineup too. Not ideal having DMW at 4, but does anyone really think that untested BBV or Hawkins is going to start. Heck people been calling for AG to start over DMW when he was playing the 3. BU values D, rebounding and most importantly players he can trust to know the offense and defense and be in right spots/do the right thing.
Sitting here watching the Iowa vs Penn State game. There is no way that continuing to start DW at the 4 is a good thing. We have done so and thanks to Kofi's presence and DW working his !!! off it has not killed us. It is certainly something that needs to be change for the long haul or teams will find ways to exploit it. That's not a slap in DWs face but he just isnt a B10 4. I think BBV, a better shooting GB JG, or a transfer will get most of the time there next season. Its unrealistic to expect DW to consistently stop a post player like Garza o,Krenier , or Stevens others in the post.

Last edited:
Sitting here watching the Iowa vs Penn State game. There is no way that continuing to start DW at the 4 is a good thing. We have done so and thanks to Kofi's presence and DW working his !!! off it has not killed us. It is certainly something that needs to be change for the long haul or teams will find ways to exploit it. That's not a slap in DWs face but he just isnt a B10 4. I think BBV, a better shooting GB JG, or a transfer will get most of the time there next season. Its unrealistic to expect DW to consistently stop a post player like Garza o,Krenier , or Stevens others in the post.
I agree not ideal at all. But I really don’t believe BBV or Hawkins starts — and certainly not early on. I think both have talent and hope they both contribute next year, but Hawkins is a frosh and BBV will basically be. Certainly could give Giorgi a shot with another year to work on his game. The taller of the two transfers might be a possibility, but do they have the strength? BU often comments on how strong DMW is especially in his lower half. If Tev stays and is willing to accept his best shot of playing time is at the 4 and embraces, who knows. He is taller than DMW and could be a mismatch for opponents’ 4s on offensive end, but does he have strength for D and rebounding.

When your team concept is D and rebounding, I think BU will go with the player who he has the most confidence can supply that — even if it is an under sized DMW. I just don’t see BBV or Hawkins gaining BU’s confidence enough to start. Hope I’m wrong because even though I love what DMW brings to the table, like you said tough to ask him to do that for major minutes at the 4 game in and game out.

I agree not ideal at all. But I really don’t believe BBV or Hawkins starts — and certainly not early on. I think both have talent and hope they both contribute next year, but Hawkins is a frosh and BBV will basically be. Certainly could give Giorgi a shot with another year to work on his game. The taller of the two transfers might be a possibility, but do they have the strength? BU often comments on how strong DMW is especially in his lower half. If Tev stays and is willing to accept his best shot of playing time is at the 4 and embraces, who knows. He is taller than DMW and could be a mismatch for opponents’ 4s on offensive end, but does he have strength for D and rebounding.

When your team concept is D and rebounding, I think BU will go with the player who he has the most confidence can supply that — even if it is an under sized DMW. I just don’t see BBV or Hawkins gaining BU’s confidence enough to start. Hope I’m wrong because even though I love what DMW brings to the table, like you said tough to ask him to do that for major minutes at the 4 game in and game out.
I do not feel that hat BBV will basically be a freshman or a weaker defender than DW against guys that are 6'8" or taller or 225 and bigger. Most freshman are not built for B10 play like BBV was and is and he will have had a year in the system, can heal, get stronger, and hit shots from the outside that DW likely wont either inside or out. BBV is clearly stronger than BBV and could be our strongest player I wouldnt put Hawkins in the 10 man rotation unlike some. I think the CV 4 will be played by GB, BBV, JG and then maybe DW or Hawkins. Hawkins us a freshman and not built like any of those guys are and not close to BBV .

Attachments

• 20200229_140759.jpg
    20200229_140759.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
I do not feel that hat BBV will basically be a freshman or a weaker defender than DW against guys that are 6'8" or taller or 225 and bigger. Most freshman are not built for B10 play like BBV was and is and he will have had a year in the system, can heal, get stronger, and hit shots from the outside that DW likely wont either inside or out. BBV is clearly stronger than BBV and could be our strongest player I wouldnt put Hawkins in the 10 man rotation unlike some. I think the CV 4 will be played by GB, BBV, JG and then maybe DW or Hawkins. Hawkins us a freshman and not built like any of those guys are and not close to BBV .
Is he still in a walking boot? And he missed time before season. Might be more accurate to say he has a year in Champaign because I’m not sure how much time he has really spent on the court in the system.

I hope you’re right. There were some brief glimpses when he was able to play, but most of that time was against arguably the three worst opponents in lopsided games. Yes, he has the size. I remember him making a very nice pass or two. I think when he signed there was talk he could shoot but didn’t see any great proof of that in his limited minutes. I thought he looked stiff and a bit slow on D. Maybe that had something to do with his foot. But if not, he could have his own defensive deficiencies.

Is he still in a walking boot? And he missed time before season. Might be more accurate to say he has a year in Champaign because I’m not sure how much time he has really spent on the court in the system.

I hope you’re right. There were some brief glimpses when he was able to play, but most of that time was against arguably the three worst opponents in lopsided games. Yes, he has the size. I remember him making a very nice pass or two. I think when he signed there was talk he could shoot but didn’t see any great proof of that in his limited minutes. I thought he looked stiff and a bit slow on D. Maybe that had something to do with his foot. But if not, he could have his own defensive deficiencies.
He is out of the boot.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I think when he signed there was talk he could shoot but didn’t see any great proof of that in his limited minutes.

Underwood stated several times that BBV was a VG shooter, with 3 point range. This was when practice began or before. Too lazy to find the actual quotes.

Hoping for a Giorgio comeback. Think that is our best odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.