2020 NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I was always bad at math.....I will say that as of right now for them it’s NBA or nothing. Kofi us received his feedback and it wasn’t great. 99% chance he’s back right now. If Ayo gets any indication he is being taken in the second round he’s going. Not being able to workout for teams and not having the tourney really hurt him. 25-35% chance he returns.

If the chances are really good that you are going to get drafted in the first round next year and perhaps not get drafted at all this year, I am confused what is not the upside in coming back.

If the chances are really good that you are going to get drafted in the first round next year and perhaps not get drafted at all this year, I am confused what is not the upside in coming back.
You talking about Ayo or Kofi?

Problem is this isn’t the scenario. There is no promises for next year. Ayo had a special year this year, he would need to improve above expectations to make the first round next year. A lot of the draft is about potential upside, the longer you hang around college the more defined your ceiling becomes. Biggest knocks seem to be 3 pt shooting and not a super NBA athlete. He certainly could play himself up to first round, but he also could get hurt or not improve the 3 pt shot enough to improve his draft stock or even fall further.

The problem is I’m not sure there is much he can do to raise his stock so if there is a chance...go for it.

I'm not sure about that. I really think he needs the national exposure that a top 15 team would give him with him and Kofi back on it. If he had that this year I would agree.

I'm not sure about that. I really think he needs the national exposure that a top 15 team would give him with him and Kofi back on it. If he had that this year I would agree.
Shining in the spotlight of an NCAA tourney probably would have helped, but the NBA makes a living on finding players with much less exposure than Ayo, playing in the B1G, all big honors,
Showing up big down the stretch, the NBA has seen Ayo, he isn’t an unknown.

Man I was always bad at math.....I will say that as of right now for them it’s NBA or nothing. Kofi us received his feedback and it wasn’t great. 99% chance he’s back right now. If Ayo gets any indication he is being taken in the second round he’s going. Not being able to workout for teams and not having the tourney really hurt him. 25-35% chance he returns.
The NBA or nothing makes sense. If they are entertaining other pro options, they would certainly stay in the draft (right?)
And I like that 35% chance about 17% more than the 30% chance you gave earlier (also bad at math)

If Ayo can take a leap in 3pt % this next college year, I think he definitely raises his stock. He doesn't have to shoot 45% from the field, but raising it to even 35% would show he's at least an average 3 pt guy--which I think he absolutely could do.

I don't understand the rush. Ayo I don't think has a body that is ready for the NBA. He has a similar body to Kendall Gill. It took Kendall 4 years of college ball and then he had a nice NBA career. I don't think Kendall also would have gotten drafted after his Sophomore year. Expectation should not be driving the decision.

If Ayo can take a leap in 3pt % this next college year, I think he definitely raises his stock. He doesn't have to shoot 45% from the field, but raising it to even 35% would show he's at least an average 3 pt guy--which I think he absolutely could do.
He shot 35% last year though. Do teams think he lost his stroke at 19 years old and question whether it will come back?

He shot 35% last year though. Do teams think he lost his stroke at 19 years old and question whether it will come back?
They moved the 3 point line back prior to last season closer to the NBA 3 point line so it is reasonable to think that team's question his 3 point shot. I personally think if he could raise his percentage to at least average, his stock will rise a good amount. This picture was posted in a previous thread and I think it does a good job in visualizing how poor of a 3 point shooter he was last year.

IMG_1874.jpg

They moved the 3 point line back prior to last season closer to the NBA 3 point line so it is reasonable to think that team's question his 3 point shot. I personally think if he could raise his percentage to at least average, his stock will rise a good amount. This picture was posted in a previous thread and I think it does a good job in visualizing how poor of a 3 point shooter he was last year.

View attachment 6014

Wow those corner 3 %’s.

Good news is that should be a shot he can improve. But that’s definitely a shot he will be expected to hit at hill the next level.

Did you guys catch Ayos interview yesterday?
Really sound like hes gonna take his chances at getting drafted..

View attachment 6014
This is a cool looking graphic but doesnt seem to be very intuitive or logical.:

On shots, beyond arc at top of key...it shows "42%" shooting with red dots...red according to color key is way below ncaa avg (42% "below avg" really?)

On shots in corners..shows 17 and 20% with blue dots...blue according to color key is "above avg"....which is unbelievable.

All that said,....this initially cool chart at closer look at colors seems to defy logic.

ILL in IA

Iowa City

View attachment 6014
"Make him go left" Pat Chambers

Status
Not open for further replies.