2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread: Toronto/Edmonton Bubble Version

Conference seeding round robin and qualifying round games start today so time to start this thread. As a refresher, here is how everything breaks down:

Eastern Conference

Top 4 Seeding Round Robin

(1) Boston
(2) Tampa Bay
(3) Washington
(4) Philadelphia

Qualifying Round
(5) Pittsburgh vs. (12) Montreal
(6) Carolina vs. (11) New York Rangers
(7) New York Islanders vs. (10) Florida
(8) Toronto vs. (9) Columbus

Western Conference

Top 4 Seeding Round Robin

(1) St. Louis
(2) Colorado
(3) Vegas
(4) Dallas

Qualifying Round
(5) Edmonton vs. (12) Chicago
(6) Nashville vs. (11) Arizona
(7) Vancouver vs. (10) Minnesota
(8) Calgary vs. (9) Winnipeg

Thoughts? Predictions on how the round robin for the top 4 seeds and the qualifying rounds will go?

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
I'm still trying to figure out why the Blackhawks get stuck with the 9:30PM start time for their next 2 games.

I'm still trying to figure out why the Blackhawks get stuck with the 9:30PM start time for their next 2 games.

There are 3 games in each rink each day, so they scheduled the round-robin games in the middle time slots in order to give the actual playoff games the best chance to start on time. The only risk to the 3rd game start time is if the 1st game goes very long, as the round-robin games follow regular season OT rules. It's a small detail, but it makes sense to me in this wacky playoff year.

Unfortunately Hawks are in the West so everything is later, and the options are early afternoon during work hours or late at night. Neither time is ideal.

As someone that is relatively new to the Eastern Time Zone... These 10:30PM start times are horrendous.

It hasn't been pretty the past two games but the Hawks have put themselves in a position to need just one game out of the next two. Everything considered, I'll take that

How 'bout dem HAWKS! What a game last night. So many good chances, but such incredible D by the Oilers on Hawks PP.

Next Hawks game: Friday 3:45p eastern on NBCSN (220 on DTV)

Next Blues game: Today at 3:30p eastern on NHL network (vs Vegas Golden Knights) - #1 v #2 - should be a good one.

Last edited:
How 'bout dem HAWKS! What a game last night. So many good chances, but such incredible D by the Oilers on Hawks PP.

Next Hawks game: Friday 3:45p eastern on NBCSN (220 on DTV)

Next Blues game: Today at 3:30p eastern on NHL network (vs Vegas Golden Knights) - #1 v #2 - should be a good one.
Hawks game is 6:45 eastern tomorrow

Vegas scores on the power play with 13:10 to go in the 2nd. 2-1 Blues.

Blues challenge the play as being offsides and lose the challenge are on the penalty kill again.

Last edited: