2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread: Toronto/Edmonton Bubble Version

Good God, the Hawks are trying to give this away. All of the penalties, just a horrendous group of defensemen, and Crawford for the most part has had poor rebound control.

Good God, the Hawks are trying to give this away. All of the penalties, just a horrendous group of defensemen, and Crawford for the most part has had poor rebound control.

And immediately after posting this Crow throws up some high quality stops.

Crow came up huge in this one. 19 saves in the 3rd period alone.
Been a lot of upsets in these qualifiers

The last 8 minutes was an absolute fire drill. I'd love to believe it was just the poor ice conditions causing problems, but it sure looked like a lack of poise. Doesn't bode well for the next round, but still nice to advance.

Blues/Stars will air at 2:00 PM Sunday on NBC. Blues/Stars winner will face Calgary in the 1st round. Blues/Stars loser will face Vancouver in the 1st round.

Toronto/Columbus will be the only Game 5 this weekend. The other games are all round robin games.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
The last 8 minutes was an absolute fire drill. I'd love to believe it was just the poor ice conditions causing problems, but it sure looked like a lack of poise. Doesn't bode well for the next round, but still nice to advance.
Yep the playoff experience is much more valuable to the young guys than getting the chance to draft first.

Yep the playoff experience is much more valuable to the young guys than getting the chance to draft first.

For me it depends on how it plays out from here. If the Hawks get smoked by Vegas in 4 or 5 games then I would just as soon have lost to the Oilers in 5 and had a shot at Lafreniere. As it stands now we'll draft 17th instead of 9th or potentially 1st. That's a big drop in a strong draft. Beat Vegas or at least show really well and I'm good with it.

The Blues really need a win tonight and get their mojo back for the games that "count".

I listened to Barry Melrose on 101 ESPN in St. Louis on Friday and he said he wasn't too worried about the Blues given the quality of teams they played their first two games. He said he was more worried about a team like Boston at this point.

If anything, Vlady really needs to get going in today's game.