3/10 Games

I've finally cracked the case! I don't know if any superfans recall, but once upon a time about 4 years ago, whenever Illinois played MSU and shot free throws, there was a lady who made this loud East African-like cultural call as a form of distraction. Today, I heard that same exact call and it brought back horrid flashbacks. Ironically it was while an Ohio State player was playing Wisconsin and OSU was the home team. I thought who would learn that same exact call and same pitch and use it to help Wisconsin. Then I remembered, Travis Trice played for MSU around the same time as I heard those calls. His younger brother D'mitrik Trice plays for Wisconsin. Whoever makes that call is deeply associated with the Trices (i.e. mother, sister, cousin aunt, etc).

BillyBob1

Champaign
I've finally cracked the case! I don't know if any superfans recall, but once upon a time about 4 years ago, whenever Illinois played MSU and shot free throws, there was a lady who made this loud East African-like cultural call as a form of distraction. Today, I heard that same exact call and it brought back horrid flashbacks. Ironically it was while an Ohio State player was playing Wisconsin and OSU was the home team. I thought who would learn that same exact call and same pitch and use it to help Wisconsin. Then I remembered, Travis Trice played for MSU around the same time as I heard those calls. His younger brother D'mitrik Trice plays for Wisconsin. Whoever makes that call is deeply associated with the Trices (i.e. mother, sister, cousin aunt, etc).

It’s the mother

CoalCity

St Paul, MN

Yeah its Mama Trice.

Difficult to choke if you win. They just finished in the top 4 of the B!G for the 17th year out of last 18. Quite an accomplishment.

The real choke job was Iowa against Nebraska. Up 9 with under a minute to go and they lost in OT. I like them as our second round opponent (if we manage to beat Northwestern of course).

The real choke job was Iowa against Nebraska. Up 9 with under a minute to go and they lost in OT. I like them as our second round opponent (if we manage to beat Northwestern of course).

Tim Miles' farewell gift.

BillyBob1

Champaign
Difficult to choke if you win. They just finished in the top 4 of the B!G for the 17th year out of last 18. Quite an accomplishment.

What does the last 18 years have to do with this game? Yes they ended up winning, but they blew a 20+ Point lead. Terrible shot selection in the last couple of minutes. Dirty screen by Happ, surprised they didn’t review it and change to a flagrant 1, especially who made the call.

Glad to hear Iowa lost again.

There were two other NCAA tournament bids clinched today. Gardner-Webb won the Big South tournament championship today, defeating Radford 76-65. It is the Runnin' Bulldogs' first ever tournament appearance. Liberty won the Atlantic Sun tournament championship, defeating Lipscomb 74-68. It is the Flames' 4th tournament appearance, their first since 2013.

Only thing of note that is going on in other tournaments playing today is Monmouth, the 6 seed in the MAAC tournament. They upset the 2 seed Canisius today after upsetting the 3 seed Quinnipac yesterday. The Hawks, if they were to upset top-seeded Iona tomorrow night, would be headed to Dayton for the play-in game as their record would stand at 15-20.

At least the state of Illinois won’t be shutout of the NCAA tournament. Bradley wins the MVC tournament.

Funny how their season has turned. Wasn't long after the loss at home to my alma mater EIU that some people on another board I'm on were calling for Wardle's job. It was rather funny to see how their fans thought it was so underneath to them to lose to a school like EIU.