3/11 Games

Lunardi just shredding us again. Jeez.
I heard that too but he's looking at things that the committee doesn't. He said between us and IU over our last 18 games or whatever we've won 6 combined. Well, Joe, record in your last X number of games isn't factored so what does that matter?

He just seems to be using a bunch of things that the committee doesn't look at or cherry picking stats without looking at the entire resume.

Just caught Lunardi spouting off again about how Indiana and Illinois do not deserve to be in. Neither can afford to lose tomorrow, both have shown they can lose to good teams, neither have shown they can win against good teams down the stretch. blah, blah, blah. Then went on to Oklahoma state and said they could lose and still be in. Thinks they would beat either IL or IN without a problem. This is an OK State team sitting at 18-12 and 7th in the Big 12 at 8-10. Give me a break :tsk:

I heard that too but he's looking at things that the committee doesn't. He said between us and IU over our last 18 games or whatever we've won 6 combined. Well, Joe, record in your last X number of games isn't factored so what does that matter?

He just seems to be using a bunch of things that the committee doesn't look at or cherry picking stats without looking at the entire resume.
Illinois is 5-4 in its last 9. That's not terrible. He's now trying to punish us for IU being inept down the stretch.

But wait, it's not even true. IU has won 3 of 9. So even combined that's 8 wins. Nice work Joe.

Texas Tech is the worst basketball team I'm ever seen.

Meanwhile Miami vs Virginia Tech setting back basketball 50 years ago. Miami gets an F- on the eye test.

Illinois is 5-4 in its last 9. That's not terrible. He's now trying to punish us for IU being inept down the stretch.

But wait, it's not even true. IU has won 3 of 9. So even combined that's 8 wins. Nice work Joe.
That is why those that know him refer to him as Loon-ardi

New York
VaTech up 15-13. Go Hokies!!!!!
Texas up 22-19.

Both games about 5 mins left in first half.

New York
Really hope one of these teams can help us out. I know both is a lot to ask for. Just asking for one.

New York
mizzou is so bad. how did we almost lose to them? down 6 to South Carolina at half.

Charlotte, NC
Nothing like some Illinois bubble watching keeping me up at 11pm watching a horrible-probably-gonna-end-in-the-40s Miami VaTech game...

Little Rock, Arkansas
I'm thinking Texas will get into the tourney. Their resume isn't great but I think that Baylor win gave the committee enough of an excuse to plop texas in.

New York
I'm thinking Texas will get into the tourney. Their resume isn't great but I think that Baylor win gave the committee enough of an excuse to plop texas in.
Yup, I agree. And while we're here making the argument that we have so many fewer bad losses than a number of other teams, well, Texas has no losses outside the top 60. We have the same number of losses as Texas, just spread 1-130 instead of 1-60. This Texas Tech game was a big one and Texas is taking care of business. I hope that there's a chance we can pass them by beating Michigan if they lose to Iowa St but I doubt it. We have better wins, but they closed that gap partially by beating Baylor at home and get a lot of credit for their harder schedule.

I have no idea who Texas Tech won a conference game. Rutgers would crush them.

Little Rock, Arkansas
VT needs to hit a few threes. Miami has gotten hot from 3 all of a sudden.

New York
blah. miami hangs on. we're still ahead of them with a win over michigan i think, so texas hurts more. but miami absolutely has to go down tomorrow to ND.

Yup, how does this make them look? I mean, this wasn't a good win...but it was a win. If they lose to ND tomorrow did tonight really matter?
blah. miami hangs on. we're still ahead of them with a win over michigan i think, so texas hurts more. but miami absolutely has to go down tomorrow to ND.
This has been my thinking all along is that teams like Miami, Texas, Boise, even BYU could only help themselves by picking up wins over the top teams that they would play in their next round games but these first round games could only hurt. Our first round game provides us a chance to add another rpi top 100 W on a neutral site. That alone should bump us up a few spots on Lunardi's board.

Yup, how does this make them look? I mean, this wasn't a good win...but it was a win. If they lose to ND tomorrow did tonight really matter?
True, tomorrow is the moment of truth for Illinois and Miami. Let's beat Michigan tomorrow and then root hard for NW and ND.