3/15 Weekend Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisconsin over Nebraska, 66-62. I was really pulling for Nebraska--they're hopelessly undermanned, but they were ahead for awhile in the second half.

Michigan State over Ohio State, 77-70. That should dot the 'i' in NIT for Ohio State.

Florida over LSU, 76-73. I think Florida gets into the tourney with one more win.

Grand Canyon vs. Utah Valley at 10:30pm. Because the universe is tilted in such a way that Michael Finke might get to the tourney and the Illini... will have to wait 'til next year.

All the games, because tourney time is a nice time with lots of games: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/group/50

Wouldn’t be so sure about the Buckeyes in the NIT. I think they are in the Tournament.

Go Illini

Little Richard is coaching em to their potential finally. Minnesota has looked very good.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Squawks vs. scUM

Hope that Belien puts a thumping on them and Franny gets so worked up that his head explodes and he still calls all the refs !@#$%^&*(

There is some annoying little kid ruining this Iowa/Michigan game. NU screecher in training.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Belien is a great coach......best in B1G and top 5 in the nation....scUM 33-23 over idiots 3:22 first H

the national

the Front Range
I love watching Fran meltdown. There is still time in this one and it’s begining to look ugly

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
55-35 scUM,,,,great passing team and their D is something to behold....

I’m not sure who will possess the most punchable face next year - Garza from Iowa or Brazdeikis Fromm ScUM . . .

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Duke/NCarolina going back and forth. Man! Quite a pace.

This is not the Iowa team that played us last night. ScUM is a great team, but Iowa would lose to the Little Sisters of the Poor the way they are playing tonight.

t7nich

Central IL
Did Groce recruit Admiral Schofield?

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
GAWD I hate the ScUM fight song, but I loved seeing the Sqwaukeyes get hosed tonight,

scUM could be in another NCAA final four again this year....

Admiral Schofield with a sicko dunk.....wow

Last edited:
Lmao Bill Walton straight up left the announce table to use the bathroom during the start of OT in the ASU/Oregon game. Even funnier thanks to this gem from Dave Pasch. “Hopefully Bill will be back. Although I’m sure some of you at home are hoping he doesn’t come back.”

In other news, GCU wins! Pulling for them tomorrow in the finals against NM State. Would be happy for Finke if he can end his career playing in the NCAA tournament.

the national

the Front Range
In other news, GCU wins! Pulling for them tomorrow in the finals against NM State. Would be happy for Finke if he can end his career playing in the NCAA tournament.
I was going to post about this too. They would be pretty great if they pulled it off and made the tournament.

Zion Williamson will be the next NBA superstar assuming he stays healthy. LaBron type player that is just dominate.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Lmao Bill Walton straight up left the announce table to use the bathroom during the start of OT in the ASU/Oregon game. Even funnier thanks to this gem from Dave Pasch. “Hopefully Bill will be back. Although I’m sure some of you at home are hoping he doesn’t come back.”

I was watching that game last night and when he said that I starting laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair....classic line

I’m not sure who will possess the most punchable face next year - Garza from Iowa or Brazdeikis Fromm ScUM . . .
I’ve always liked Garza. Maybe because this is what I imagine mike tisdale would look like after the 6000 calorie diet is no longer needed.

Deleted member 652751

D
Watching the games yesterday and today (3/15 & 3/16), I'm amazed at how differently these games are being officiated. Look, I know it is difficult being an official. There is no way I could do it, and most of the time they get it right. I get it. And I know it's frowned upon to question the officiating. But it is blatantly obvious that the officials are "letting them play" in these later round games and not inserting themselves to affect the flow of the games themselves. Invariably, in IL games this season that has not been the case, and it makes it even more frustrating to watch than just watching us struggle to compete and win games. It makes one wonder if this reffing "style" is not dictated from somewhere higher in the B10. That's all, just an observation.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Okoro getting some pretty good props from Pasch and Walton tonight on ESPN. Oregon punches their ticket.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Michael Finke won’t see the NCAA tournament unfortunately. Grand Canyon goes down hard to New Mexico St.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Michael Finke won’t see the NCAA tournament unfortunately. Grand Canyon goes down hard to New Mexico St.

Haven't checked out the details of this game yet, but it's too bad for both the Finke guys. Would have really loved to see them in the dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.