3/15 Weekend Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

illini80

Forgottonia
Okoro getting some pretty good props from Pasch and Walton tonight on ESPN. Oregon punches their ticket.
That one still stings. Would have made a big difference this year and going forward.

That one still stings. Would have made a big difference this year and going forward.

Yea, I think he could of helped.

What props did he get? I see he scored 2 points, 0 assist, and 3 rebounds. The previous game he 4 points, 0 assist, and 1 rebound; and the game before that he had 0 points, 0 assist, and 4 rebounds.

What props did he get? I see he scored 2 points, 0 assist, and 3 rebounds. The previous game he 4 points, 0 assist, and 1 rebound; and the game before that he had 0 points, 0 assist, and 4 rebounds.
Okoro had 6 blocks vs Utah a couple of games Ago. Saw an Oregon game end of last year/ beginning of this year and he looked out of sorts/raw. Saw some of the first half vs wash, and definitely looked improved, better def position and more confident in offense operating within the scheme. Good for him.

Deleted member 8632

D

They were saying he has taken on a vocal leadership role with the team which has been a big reason for the teams turn around.

NCAA Tournament bids clinched yesterday:

-America East: Vermont defeated UMBC 66-49. It is the Catamounts' 7th tournament appearance, their first since 2017.
-MEAC: North Carolina Central defeated Norfolk State 50-47. It is the Eagles' 4th tournament appearance and 3rd in a row.
-Big XII: Iowa State defeated Kansas 78-66.
-Mountain West: Utah State defeated San Diego State 64-57.
-SWAC: Prairie View A&M defeated Texas Southern 92-86. It is the Panthers' 2nd tournament appearance with their other coming in 1998.
-Big East: Villanova defeated Seton Hall 74-72.
-Mid-American Conference: Buffalo defeated Bowling Green 87-73. It is the Bulls' 4th tournament appearance and 2nd in a row.
-Big Sky: Montana defeated Eastern Washington 68-62. It is the Grizzlies' 12th tournament appearance and 2nd in a row.
-Conference USA: Old Dominion defeated Western Kentucky 62-56. It is the Monarchs' 12th tournament appearance, their first since 2011.
-ACC: Duke defeated Florida State 73-63.
-Southland: Abilene Christian defeated New Orleans 77-63. It is the Wildcats' first tournament appearance in school history.
-WAC: New Mexico State defeated Grand Canyon 89-57.
-Pac-12: Oregon defeated Washington 68-48.
-Big West: UC Irvine defeated Cal State Fullerton 92-64. It is the Anteaters' 2nd tournament appearance with their other coming in 2015.

One quick note on one of the teams that qualified. Abilene Christian only became a D-I school in 2013, transitioning from D-II. They become a full fledged D-I member in 2017.

Deleted member 8632

D
Goodwin playing well for SLU......sigh.

201154JC

Rockford, IL
Goodwin playing well for SLU......sigh.
Yeah, he sure would have looked good in the orange and blue. You gotta wonder if he had committed to us along with Tilmon and Pickett, would Groce have survived.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Yeah, he sure would have looked good in the orange and blue. You gotta wonder if he had committed to us along with Tilmon and Pickett, would Groce have survived.
St Louis metro area having a good run of teams/players. East St Louis and Belleville West winning the 3a and 4a tournaments yesterday. Hargrove for ESL and Lidell for BW both had good games for their teams but, there were definitely other quality players on each of those teams.

NCAA Tournament bids clinched thus far today:

-Ivy League: Yale defeated Harvard 97-85. It is the Bulldogs' fifth tournament appearance, their first since 2016.
-SEC: Auburn defeats Tennessee 84-64. It is the Tigers' 10th tournament appearance, their second in a row and their second SEC tournament title with their other coming in 1985.
-Atlantic 10: Saint Louis defeated St. Bonaventure 55-53. It is the Billikens' 11th tournament appearance, their first since 2014.

Battle of Michigan in out state. Lots of guys on the court Bielein beat us for.

Get hungry Illini. Work on your bodies Illini. Work on your game Illini. Time to come back!!!

How on earth does a 19-13 and 7-11 Oklahoma team get a better seed than 22-11 and 10-10 Iowa team??? Big Ten getting no love as per usual.

How on earth does a 19-13 and 7-11 Oklahoma team get a better seed than 22-11 and 10-10 Iowa team??? Big Ten getting no love as per usual.
The B1G got hosed I think. Is the ACC that much better then the B1G so they got three #1 seeds? Horse puckey. According to the ACC/B1G challenge . . . No.

And Gonzaga as a #1? They play (and dominate) in a !!!! conference and they didn’t even win their conference tourney. Media darlings, not a real contender.

Deleted member 236589

D
No love? The Big Ten got the most teams of any conference in the field. 8 out of 14 teams....pretty good.

The bracket tells me that the feeling is the conference had a lot of really good teams, but no great teams.

Plus, we're we the only team Iowa beat in their last 6 or 7 games? I know the "last ten games" isn't a metric anymore, but again....they didn't do themselves any favors. Win games, then there's no room to complain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 236589

D
The B1G got hosed I think. Is the ACC that much better then the B1G so they got three #1 seeds? Horse puckey. According to the ACC/B1G challenge . . . No.

And Gonzaga as a #1? They play (and dominate) in a !!!! conference and they didn’t even win their conference tourney. Media darlings, not a real contender.
Gonzaga is the only team this year that beat Duke with Zion and they didn't have Tilly.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Haven’t analyzed bracket but, thinking that is maybe more spreading conferences out type of thing. I really thought MSU deserved a 1 seed but, otherwise not many complaints. We did get the most bids of any conference.

I thought Izzo put it well when asked about the no. 1 seed saying he thought the Big Ten deserved to have a no. 1 seed.

Gonzaga is the only team this year that beat Duke with Zion and they didn't have Tilly.
Good point, but they are coasting in their laurels in conference. They did OK this year beating up on down P5 programs (IL, AZ, A&M) and did beat Duke, but lost to NC by 12, and to Tennessee by 3, but put them in the ACC or the B1G, or even the SEC this year and they finish maybe in the top half of each conference, but not as a conference season or tournament winner or #1 seed IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.