3/17 Games

bdutts

Houston, Texas
3/17 Games - NCAA Round of 32 Day 1

Here's hoping Ohio State and Michigan get convincing wins!

The sportscasters down here in Houston are all predicting a Kelvin Sampson led Houston Cougars upset of Michigan tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

haasi

New York
They had a graphic up about Ingram and norvell. Depressing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKane

Tennessee
The big decision was that Coach Moser did not use his last time-out to set up a play.

Therefore, TN did not have an opportunity to use the time-out to set a defense.

Incredible win!

The big decision was that Coach Moser did not use his last time-out to set up a play.

Therefore, TN did not have an opportunity to use the time-out to set a defense.

Incredible win!

They had a de facto TO on the review

SuperMetroid

Evanston
Congrats to Loyola on a great win. They are now the third team from the state of Illinois with a more recent Sweet 16 appearance than us. Let that one sink in. :faint:

the national

the Front Range
Wow! Im pretty excited to root for them. Represent Illinois!! They look like the well coached, excellent execution similar to other teams out of the MVC that we are used to seeing. Similar to UNI of the past. I had Tenn in the final four. I was confident after seeing Arizona go down but that whole corner is busted.

Scoring

Anyone have stats on how regular season team scoring compares to tournament games? I'm interested to learn if defensive teams like Va historically fare better in the regular season than in the tournament.

Deleted member 29907

D
Seton Hall busts the line with a last second 3 that had no affect on the outcome. Lots of happy bettors out there I am sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not disagreeing with his choice but IIRC, the previous staff didn't pursue very hard

It was indeed a huge mistake, I really liked Norvell. Norvell was extremely close with both Nunn and Tate and visited Illinois on multiple occasions on his own to hang out with them early in his career. He really liked the Illini, it was almost guaranteed he would commit. But the previous staff backed out from recruiting him after we got JCL and went after PGs, and other players like Sneed. Indeed a huge mistake, especially given how much Norvell liked the Illini.

Zach-Norvell-and-Melvin-Nunn.jpg