3/22 Games

It’s early, but Virginia is down 12 to 16 seed Gardner-Webb. If they lose this game, they should probably just shut down their basketball program.

I root for all the BIG teams in the tourney. Really tired of hearing about how great the ACC is and how the final four will be all ACC. Go BIG!

Am I the only one who roots against the Big Ten teams? I know them winning is good for the conference and all, but man do I love seeing our rivals lose.

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
Looking like another early exit for a Bruce Weber team. UC-Irvin leading 56-51 with 6 minutes to go in the game and the Anteaters look like the better team.

I root for all the BIG teams in the tourney. Really tired of hearing about how great the ACC is and how the final four will be all ACC. Go BIG!

This is my thought also. I lived in Cary, NC for a while (horror). Right between Duke, UNC, NC State and Wake Forest. So arrogant. This was back when the B1G couldn’t win the ACC/B1G challenge. ALWAYS root against the arrogant ACC fans, always!

foby

Bonnaroo Land
It’s early, but Virginia is down 12 to 16 seed Gardner-Webb. If they lose this game, they should probably just shut down their basketball program.
Or receive a lifetime ban in getting a 1 seed.

It’s over for the fighting Bruce’s. Down 4 17 seconds. They demolished UC Irvine in November (17th), 71-49! But couldn’t do it when it mattered most.

Deleted member 11228

D
Bruce looks devastated. I've seen that look many times unfortunately.

Deleted member 649710

D
Bruce should have pulled out the "five fingers makes a fist" speech.

Deleted member 643761

D
Am I the only one who roots against the Big Ten teams? I know them winning is good for the conference and all, but man do I love seeing our rivals lose.

I know this is considered bad form, but I root against many of them.

Lifetime root againsts are:

Iowa, because of Satan and the general stench of Tom Davis which continues to waft this way.
Indiana, too many reasons to list.

Current root against:

Purdue because I like to see Keady ball continue to be relegated to early tourney exits. Makes me happier about seeing Weber go.
Minnesota because Pitino
Wisconsin because it just feels good.
Northwestern, of course, although I don't expect to be alive when they next make the tourney.
Michigan State because Izzo was so classless in trashing our fans.

I think I'd root for all the rest at this present time. Although each time that OSU or Michigan poaches another top flight kid from Illinois it makes it harder.

Deleted member 643761

D
They’d be morons if they did. Irvine was a terrible matchup for them with their fantastic interior D and without Wade being able to suit up. Not to mention they ended Kansas’s 14 year streak this year.
Weber is actually a perfect coach for that program. Can take middlin' talent and make them competitive. And middlin talent is all they can probably expect at KSU.

Funny stuff at the end of ole miss and Oklahoma game. Okie was just crushing it, and the crowd was chanting SEC!! Then Nantz goes on to say crowd is chanting SEC, and they will be 3-0 this tourney. They were playing SC. I was so confused!!

I know this is considered bad form, but I root against many of them.

Lifetime root againsts are:

Iowa, because of Satan and the general stench of Tom Davis which continues to waft this way.
Indiana, too many reasons to list.

Current root against:

Purdue because I like to see Keady ball continue to be relegated to early tourney exits. Makes me happier about seeing Weber go.
Minnesota because Pitino
Wisconsin because it just feels good.
Northwestern, of course, although I don't expect to be alive when they next make the tourney.
Michigan State because Izzo was so classless in trashing our fans.

I think I'd root for all the rest at this present time. Although each time that OSU or Michigan poaches another top flight kid from Illinois it makes it harder.
So you are saying NC over Wisky
Duke over MSU?
KU over PU?
Kentucky over Minn.?
:unsure:

Deleted member 643761

D
So you are saying NC over Wisky
Duke over MSU?
KU over PU?
Kentucky over Minn.?
:unsure:
No
Yes
Yes
No

Although I'd probably root for a big underdog. I don't have hard feelings toward Duke and Kansas. I like seeing them lose but no real animosity

breadman

Herndon, VA
Wisky not looking good as they are down 14 with under 3 to go.
Going to call the Ducks sandbaggers for this year.