3/24 Games

Hmmm... That looked like a charge. Probably should have been a no call after that...
Fall was in the circle under the basket, so couldn't be a charge.

That said, Dawkins was clearly shoved in the back by the Duke player who got the rebound and winning basket. Not sure how the ref misses that.

Fall was in the circle under the basket, so couldn't be a charge.

That said, Dawkins was clearly shoved in the back by the Duke player who got the rebound and winning basket. Not sure how the ref misses that.

Sorry to be more clear, Zion got away with a charge before he got to the basket.

Then under the basket when he met Fall that probably should have been a no-call.

Last edited:
Wow did ucf get robbed
UCF got jobbed! No over the back call on the rebound by Reddish, then the no call on the last drive by UCF. So sad to see the game end that way, another illegitimate NCAA tournament win by a North Carolina “blue blood”. SMH

Sorry to be more clear, Zion got away with a charge before he got to the basket.

Then under the basket when he met Fall that probably should have been a no-call.
Agree that the one out in the paint could have been and probably should have been called a charge.
The one in the circle, that has to be called on Tacko.

Heck of a way to lose, what with the missed FT, made rebound and then two missed (tuf) layups.

First off, I hate how the refs call games in tournament. Completely different than regular season.

Duke just gets bailed out constantly by no calls.

1. Zion’s drive to the basket in last 30. Clearly drives through the defender.
2. Rebound of the freethrow. Defender was clearly shoved out of the way which led to the rebound.

Bet your arse Illinois would have been called on both Counts. I would say I can’t believe how much refs lean towards Duke, then again, this is nothing new.

Also, in my mind, Zion was is not meeting the hype expectation. Good player, big dude, lots of hops,will have a good careeer in NBA, but not a game changer. I’m actually more curious to follow Taco Fall in the NBA.

All of this said, helluva game.
What an entertaining game! Will probably be the best game of tournament when all said and done. Back and forth whole game, Tacko and Zion interest. Went all the way to the final whistle. Even my family was interested, and they couldn’t care less about college b-ball.

Deleted member 236589

D
First off, I hate how the refs call games in tournament. Completely different than regular season.

Duke just gets bailed out constantly by no calls.

1. Zion’s drive to the basket in last 30. Clearly drives through the defender.
2. Rebound of the freethrow. Defender was clearly shoved out of the way which led to the rebound.

Bet your arse Illinois would have been called on both Counts. I would say I can’t believe how much refs lean towards Duke, then again, this is nothing new.

Also, in my mind, Zion was is not meeting the hype expectation. Good player, big dude, lots of hops,will have a good careeer in NBA, but not a game changer. I’m actually more curious to follow Taco Fall in the NBA.
Not meeting the hype expectation? Without him, Duke lost four games and should have been five with a brutal loss to Wake that just spun out.

With him they've lost one game....to Gonzaga back in Maui.

What more do you want him to do? How many more games do you need to see him change? He's 18 and the weight of Duke basketball is on his back. Without Zion, they would have lost by 15-20 today.

bredhartmann

Centralia, IL
Not meeting the hype expectation? Without him, Duke lost four games and should have been five with a brutal loss to Wake that just spun out.

What more do you want him to do? How many more games do you need to see him change? He's 18 and the weight of Duke basketball is on his back. Without Zion, they would have lost by 15-20 today.
He’s literally the most dominant player in the history of college basketball. Spreads were altered by 8-9 points when he was out earlier this season. That’s absurd.

Whitmans Sampler

Eastern Iowa

Good points. My question to bounce off that is how Duke manages to look incompetent without Zion? Is their collection of other 5 stars & 4 stars really not enough to win vs UCF, let alone keep it to a single digit loss? It looks that way, but IMO it shouldn’t. They seem to be overly conditioned to rely on Zion’s presence, like the Illini with senior Malcolm Hill. (except talent level across the board is drastically increased in Duke’s case)

Sweet Sixteen schedule and announce teams (Obviously released prior to the results of tonight's two late games):

D2eBgigX4AAP7as.png

He’s literally the most dominant player in the history of college basketball. Spreads were altered by 8-9 points when he was out earlier this season. That’s absurd.
That data would seem to be an indication of his criticality to this particular Duke team more than evidence of his rank among the legends of college hoops.

Only two 4 seeds missing (Kansas and Kansas State) from all seeds holding into the S16.
Replaced with a 5 and 12 seed. Pretty remarkable. I'd think this has to be the most conforming tourney since expansion to 64+ team.

frozenrope9190

Aurora, IL
Don't know where this goes, but in reference to UCF / Duke, I hope Tacko Fall gets drafted into the NBA. I know the league is going away from big centers, but he's a fun player to watch, and has gotten a lot better in his college career.