3/28 Games

This is the worst I've ever seen a Beilein team play. They look horrible tonight. I think it's a combo of Texas Tech D & an off night. They look like their sleep walking.

John B is, really, a great coach (and recruiter I guess). BUT, that #23 on the Texas Tech team is making John B look silly.

Moral of the story:: IL NEEDS to get great players ;)

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
It is sad to see how many players just on teams playing tonight are from Illinois. Several of them making big contributions for their teams. Many that I don’t even recall us recruiting.

This is the worst I've ever seen a Beilein team play. They look horrible tonight. I think it's a combo of Texas Tech D & an off night. They look like their sleep walking.

Agreed. It's been awhile since I've seen a Michigan team get this thoroughly beaten in an NCAA tournament game. Certainly the worst loss a Beilein coached team will have in the NCAA Tournament since he's been in Ann Arbor. Have to go back to the teams in the early '90s to see them get beat this bad in an NCAA tournament game.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
No one does less with more than Rick Barnes. Here are my issues with how he finished that game....timeouts left with Edwards on the line to win/tie the game. If I am him, I am calling a timeout to make Edwards think about that. Esp. use it before he takes his last shot to tie the game after missing one already. Ice him, and then have your inbounds play set up and ready to go. And then the inbounds play.... I have a co-worker who has refed College hoops for about 20 years at the D2 and D3 level. He mentioned this morning how teams routinely give the refs a heads up before an inbounds play like that. "we are going to get a pass or 2 to half court and call a time out" Refs will anticipate it and be ready to make that call. It didn't look like that was done before the play. Cost them valuable time last night

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
No one does less with more than Rick Barnes. Here are my issues with how he finished that game....timeouts left with Edwards on the line to win/tie the game. If I am him, I am calling a timeout to make Edwards think about that. Esp. use it before he takes his last shot to tie the game after missing one already. Ice him, and then have your inbounds play set up and ready to go. And then the inbounds play.... I have a co-worker who has refed College hoops for about 20 years at the D2 and D3 level. He mentioned this morning how teams routinely give the refs a heads up before an inbounds play like that. "we are going to get a pass or 2 to half court and call a time out" Refs will anticipate it and be ready to make that call. It didn't look like that was done before the play. Cost them valuable time last night

Yep, never trust a Rick Barnes coached team in the crunch. He always has great talent but as you said, doesn't get the most out of it.

jmwillini

Tolono, IL
Gotta admit I can't stand Cal, but have to be happy for them beating Samscum tonight and hope KY does the same to that $#!+ Pearl Sunday.