3/3 Games

Los Angeles
I realize that. A 7 seed gives us a better chance at winning 4 in a row though. If that happens while Purdue and IU lose out then we jump ahead of them on the bubble and there will be no reason for us not to be in the tourney. Very unlikely this scenario unfolds but a man can dream.
Point taken

Admin
Illinois wins the tie-breaker with MSU, via better record vs Maryland (1-0 vs 0-2).

Of course, it would also be a 10-8 tie with Ohio State also.

IL-OSU-MSU: Illinois is last place.

Then also to consider, Indiana plays MSU this weekend :)

Last edited:
Chicagoland
Kansas getting their butt kicked at home by WVU, 40-26 at the half, and, UK tied at halftime at Georgia.

Admin
I think this is the only way Illinois can get the 7 seed in the BTT-
* Indiana loses to MSU
* Illinois wins out (vs Nebraska & @Purdue)

Illinois wins the tie-breaker with MSU, via better record vs Maryland (1-0 vs 0-2).

Of course, it would also be a 10-8 tie with Ohio State also.

IL-OSU-MSU: Illinois is last place.

Then also to consider, Indiana plays MSU this weekend :)
If IU beats MSU and they lose out, and we beat Neb and PU, then there will be a 3-way tie between IU, UI, and MSU. So first tie breaker is best record (%) between all tied teams. So in that case:

1) IU 2-1 (W-UI, W-MSU, L-MSU)
2) MSU 2-2 (W-IU, W-UI, L-IU, L-UI)
3) UI 1-2 (W-MSU, L-IU, L-MSU)

MSU gets 7 seed.

I think this is the only way Illinois can get the 7 seed in the BTT-
* Indiana loses to MSU
* Illinois wins out (vs Nebraska & @Purdue)
Correct, MSU losing out does not help us. IU has to lose to MSU.

The whole thing is really complicated. MSU isn't as safe as some would have you believe, and a couple losses really puts them on the bubble. Just saw Lunardi has Indiana as last four in so they are officially in FREE FALL.

It's about time that some bubble-ish reams start losing. First Indiana and now Texas A&M is down big at Florida.

Golden, IL
Lunardi currently has A&M in as a 9 seed? That doesn't seem right. Looking over their wins and losses and they're much more pedestrian than a 9 seed.
The color guy in their game tonight, who I find quite annoying, seems to think they are still in even if they lose. In the meantime, Florida is trying to choke the game away.

Lunardi currently has A&M in as a 9 seed? That doesn't seem right. Looking over their wins and losses and they're much more pedestrian than a 9 seed.
See, this is what I'm talking about when I reference how I just don't get what in the world guys like Lunardi are looking at.

There is zero evidence that aTm has a resume different enough from ours that they are a single digit seed and we are on the bubble.

It just makes zero sense.

New York
Bonkers games right now between NW and Georgia.

New York
Looks like NC state going to get a win tonight

Looks like NC state going to get a win tonight
Yeah, that's the one negative tonight so far but thankfully they beat a mediocre at best Clemson team so that shouldn't do much for their resume in terms of helping.