3/3 Games

Turned on the Kentucky game with about 6 minutes left and I haven't seen Georgia make a shot since. Talk about cracking under the pressure. Two missed front ends 1 and 1 free throws, a wide open three off the side of the backboard. Yes, Kentucky is really good, but Georgia folded like a lawn chair down the stretch.

Baltimore, MD
Turned on the Kentucky game with about 6 minutes left and I haven't seen Georgia make a shot since. Talk about cracking under the pressure. Two missed front ends 1 and 1 free throws, a wide open three off the side of the backboard. Yes, Kentucky is really good, but Georgia folded like a lawn chair down the stretch.
yep. stopped what i was doing to watch the end of the game with Georgia up 6 with seven to go

yep. stopped what i was doing to watch the end of the game with Georgia up 6 with seven to go
And they got the trifecta missing all three front ends! Watch out for these guys in the tournament everyone, dangerous!

New York
Demps. Bonkers bonkers bonkrtd

I'm sitting here making couch noises shot after shot in a game between two .500 teams fighting for their NIT lives. God bless March basketball!

northbrook, il
Lunardi currently has A&M in as a 9 seed? That doesn't seem right. Looking over their wins and losses and they're much more pedestrian than a 9 seed.
Just reviewed bracketology matrix tonight and that is about right. Palm has them with work to do. starting to think he might be the guy who is a little off this year comparing some of his bubble teams against others. On Matrix, we are clearly on the outside looking in. good thing there are more games to play. It all comes down to just winning for us.

Bloomington
While we want NW to rise into Top 100, we DO NOT want Michigan to fall out if NW doesn't rise.

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan
There are no words to describe how much I hate Kansas.

Champaign, IL
Just reviewed bracketology matrix tonight and that is about right. Palm has them with work to do. starting to think he might be the guy who is a little off this year comparing some of his bubble teams against others. On Matrix, we are clearly on the outside looking in. good thing there are more games to play. It all comes down to just winning for us.
Lunardi is really good at which teams make the field. Seeding is where he is way off every year.

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan
Wow! Wildcats with a huge win to improve their chances for that coveted number-11 seed in the Big Ten tournament.

Bloomington
Unless that knocks Michigan out of the 9 spot where we are likely to play them, I'd much rather the Wolverines win this one. Wouldn't be good if they dropped to 100+ RPI if NW doesn't jump into the 50-100 range.

I used to take the matrix pretty seriously but I've started to not pay as much attention to it. There are brackets on there that as late as last week had Minnesota in the bracket. I just can't take it seriously with how many bracket "sites" they use.

It's good to get just a general sense of where you might be but that's about it for me.

Unless that knocks Michigan out of the 9 spot where we are likely to play them, I'd much rather the Wolverines win this one. Wouldn't be good if they dropped to 100+ RPI if NW doesn't jump into the 50-100 range.
Michigan would have to take quite a tumble for that wouldn't they?

They've got Rutgers at home Saturday for SR. day in a game I can't see them losing. Depending on what seed they end up with (likely the 9) and who they play (either us or IU it appears) I can't see a loss to either of those two teams dropping them into 100+.

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan
Wow, Cliff Alexander has a great seat to watch a good game tonight! ;)

Using rpiforcast.com (don't know if it is good or not)...

Michigan drops to RPI 100 with this loss to NW
A win over Rutgers puts them at 97.
A loss to Illinois afterwords puts them at 103.

Likely not Gospel, but TIFWIW

Thanks for doing that. The problem I see is that that doesn't account for how teams RPI's will vary leading up to those games.

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan

So we should lose to them to keep them in the top 100? :D

northbrook, il
I used to take the matrix pretty seriously but I've started to not pay as much attention to it. There are brackets on there that as late as last week had Minnesota in the bracket. I just can't take it seriously with how many bracket "sites" they use.

It's good to get just a general sense of where you might be but that's about it for me.
I agree there are some "unique" prognosticators but for most part we are on outside. Hope Palm is right. just seems like we really have work to do. get one tomorrow and we can really get serious about looking at all these scenarios. WhAt is true is that bubble teams are there for a reason. More losses to follow on the bubble for sure.