3/3 Games

Championship Week 2020

Many of the low-major and mid-major conference tournaments getting started this week. The Atlantic Sun (1 seed Liberty), Big South (1 seed Radford), Horizon League (1 seed Wright State), and Patriot League (1 seed Colgate) conference tournaments all start tonight. Other conference tournaments that start over the next few days include the Missouri Valley, Mountain West, Northeast Conference, Ohio Valley Conference, Southern Conference, and West Coast Conference.

haasi

New York
Michigan State at Penn State, 6pm CST, ESPN
Maryland at Rutgers, 6pm CST, BTN
Purdue at Iowa, 8pm CST, BTN

Too bad there aren’t any games that have B1G standings implications for Illinois /s
Ya. Big slate tonight. Go scarlet knights!!

Zorak

Naperville
So, Rutgers, MSU and Purdue wins is the best-case scenario for us?

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
After tonight we'll be down to only 2,048 possible outcomes for the rest of the season! Amazing how fast that shrinks up from over a million possibilities just a few days ago. Of course, it's shrinking that fast all the time, but going from a trillion to a billion possibilities doesn't have the same feel as going from a million to a thousand.

haasi

New York
So, Rutgers, MSU and Purdue wins is the best-case scenario for us?
Rutgers and Purdue definitely. I think we’re rooting for PSU over MSU but that’s a hard call- it depends on the rest of their games and our games.

danielb927

Rochester, MN
If you care more about the double-bye, root for MSU. A PSU loss today would mean we clinch a double-bye with a win in either of our remaining games.

If you care more about sharing a B1G title with fewer teams, then obviously root for PSU to give us a leg up on MSU.

Championship Week 2020

Many of the low-major and mid-major conference tournaments getting started this week. The Atlantic Sun (1 seed Liberty), Big South (1 seed Radford), Horizon League (1 seed Wright State), and Patriot League (1 seed Colgate) conference tournaments all start tonight. Other conference tournaments that start over the next few days include the Missouri Valley, Mountain West, Northeast Conference, Ohio Valley Conference, Southern Conference, and West Coast Conference.
I won't watch any of the early games (if they're even on TV), but I love watching the finals of these small, one-bid conferences. Those games are their Super Bowls, and just love the passion and emotion. I actually get a little bored with the larger conference tournaments unless there is a team making an unlikely run. Sure the good teams in those conference want to win too, but they also know they are likely going to tourney. Obviously, I will be watching the BTT with renewed interest.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I may be in the minority here, but I actually want to play more games rather than the double bye. We haven’t been as good with sits imo. This group is getting better with every game.

Gimme a share of the season title. This year, that is elite!

the national

the Front Range
I may be in the minority here, but I actually want to play more games rather than the double bye. We haven’t been as good with sits imo. This group is getting better with every game.

Gimme a share of the season title. This year, that is elite!
I think I’m on your boat. I’d rather not be tied with MSU So a loss there would be good. And I want the title. That’s a banner I’d love to see in the SFC.

If you care more about the double-bye, root for MSU. A PSU loss today would mean we clinch a double-bye with a win in either of our remaining games.

If you care more about sharing a B1G title with fewer teams, then obviously root for PSU to give us a leg up on MSU.
I don't think that's true, I think we have to beat Iowa. If we go 1-1, we're still tied with MSU (assuming they win their other game), who beat us twice, and in that scenario Iowa who beat us twice, plus likely Wisconsin.

Go Rutgers, Purdue, and PSU i think that would be obvious but i guess not . Rutgers and Purdue are not gonna catch us and id rather tie PSU than MSU obviously for seeding you would think but clearly not.

But seeing post that is PSU wins we will need to win two to get a bye makes my head hurt! when we beat them head to head. Anyway just win two in a row

Last edited:
The best outcome tonite is for Penn State to have 8 losses. Illinois would then beat Iowa for their eight loss. If Purdue would happen to beat Iowa tonite then Illinois could no worse than fourth if they win One of the next two. Playing four games in the conference tournament is much harder on a team if they have to play a Thursday game in the NCAA tournament the following week.

I will do the same, until Izzo starts bitching as soon as the ball is tipped off.
He needs a towel way more than Jerry Tark the Shark every did. He has turned in to such a bitchy cry baby. I used to respect him. To jump on a official is fine like BU does. But to just constantly complain and !!!!! just gets old. If i were a official i may even tell him. Dude pick your spots if you want me to take you seriously! lol

Last edited:

danielb927

Rochester, MN
I don't think that's true, I think we have to beat Iowa. If we go 1-1, we're still tied with MSU (assuming they win their other game), who beat us twice, and in that scenario Iowa who beat us twice, plus likely Wisconsin.

Ah, my mistake — MSU win guarantees us a double-bye only if we beat Iowa, you're right. An MSU win AND a Purdue win tonight would guarantee us a double-bye with one more win in either of our games.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
FWIW, I am firmly in the "win a share of the title" camp over worrying about a double-bye, so my only real rooting interest tonight is a home win at the RAC!

Rutgers will be playing for their tournament lives so I think they will be amped up.