3/5 Games

Admin
Wisconsin at Minnesota, 6:00pm CT, ESPN

New York
Palm's take on today's bubble games:

Temple at East Carolina, 7 p.m. (ESPNU): Temple needs quality wins. Of almost any quality at all. Unfortunately, East Carolina doesn't qualify. Still can't afford to lose it.

VCU at Davidson, 9 p.m. (ESPNU): Davidson's resume is built on a win over Dayton at home. Beating VCU, even at home, would be a big boost, although in the long run, beating one of those two in the conference tournament may be necessary to get a bid. This is also a big game in the A-10 race, so it's important for both teams.

Stanford at Arizona State, 11 p.m. (Fox Sports 1): Stanford is in a must-win situation almost every time they take the floor. Certainly, they cannot afford any more losses to non-contenders, home or away.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ubble-davidson-looking-for-best-win-of-season
(all times eastern)

So we want ECU at home over Temple (ECU is +6), VCU at Davidson (VCU is +3), and ASU at home over Stanford (line is even).

As far as Minnesota Wisconsin, I'm not really sure what we want. If we end up playing either team in the BTT, I think we'd want that team to win this game. Probably have to work out in the BTT thread what the impact of this game is on BTT seeding. That said, Wisconsin will probably win.

The below games may affect our RPI incrementally:

American needs to beat Lehigh
Game Info: 7:00 PM
Coppin State needs to beat Delaware State
Game Info: 7:30 PM
Georgia Southern needs to beat Texas-Arlington
Hampton needs to beat Norfolk State

Maryland has a chance at the one seed still so it'd probably be a good idea to root for Minnesota tonight. Not that I expect that to happen.

New York
Right. I think the Minny-Wisconsin matchup has a wide number of possible effects, and it's not clear right now which one benefits us most, except to say that if we end up playing one of them, we'd like that one to win this game.

Kirksville, MO
Right. I think the Minny-Wisconsin matchup has a wide number of possible effects, and it's not clear right now which one benefits us most, except to say that if we end up playing one of them, we'd like that one to win this game.
The possibility of us playing both is still alive.
Minn def. Wis
Minn def. PSU
Rut def. Mich
Wis def. OSU and/or Neb def. Md
IU def. MSU and/or Pur def. ILL
:)

New York
The possibility of us playing both is still alive.
Minn def. Wis
Minn def. PSU
Rut def. Mich
Wis def. OSU and/or Neb def. Md
IU def. MSU and/or Pur def. ILL
:)

Wow, nice work.

That would mean us at the 7, Minnesota at the 10, and Wisconsin at the 2. In that case, it would probably be a good thing that Minnesota beat Wisconsin because a win over Minnesota would be a little more impressive and a loss not as bad. I'm not expecting to beat Wisconsin anyway, and it won't matter much that the loss to Wisconsin is incrementally worse because Minnesota beat them.

Having said all of that, I'll be very surprised if Minny wins tonight.

Kirksville, MO
Wow, nice work.

That would mean us at the 7, Minnesota at the 10, and Wisconsin at the 2. In that case, it would probably be a good thing that Minnesota beat Wisconsin because a win over Minnesota would be a little more impressive and a loss not as bad. I'm not expecting to beat Wisconsin anyway, and it won't matter much that the loss to Wisconsin is incrementally worse because Minnesota beat them.

Having said all of that, I'll be very surprised if Minny wins tonight.
No, that would be Illinois at 8, Minnesota at 9, and Wisconsin at 1.

I didn't even consider the 7/10/2 scenario. :eek:

New York
No, that would be Illinois at 8, Minnesota at 9, and Wisconsin at 1.

I didn't even consider the 7/10/2 scenario. :eek:

Oh jeez, I didn't read carefully enough. This is getting too complicated. I think I'll try again Saturday

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Oh jeez, I didn't read carefully enough. This is getting too complicated. I think I'll try again Saturday

Come on guys, there are only 256 scenarios left! Just chart them all out ;)

New York
Come on guys, there are only 256 scenarios left! Just chart them all out ;)

haha

just looking ahead to Saturday - MSU/IU is 11am central and finishes 2+ hours before our tip - so we will know before tip whether we get the 7 seed with a win.

The difference between a seven and eight seed is meh in my head. Both are mediocre.

But I reeeeally wouldn't mind finishing ahead of IU.

New York
The difference between a seven and eight seed is meh in my head. Both are mediocre.

But I reeeeally wouldn't mind finishing ahead of IU.

Ya, I'm also not sure which particular matchup I want. The worse the team we play, the more pressure there is to beat them. The better the team we play, the less likely it is that we win. If there were a high RPI team that I thought we matched up super well against, I guess I'd want to face them, but I'm not sure that we match up that great against Maryland and Maryland is player better than they were when we beat them at home. Very hard to say. Still interesting to follow the possibilities.

Washington, DC
7 v 8 is top half v bottom half. Just as important to me is that I do not have to miss any work to watch the 7 seed games!

Kirksville, MO
7 v 8 is top half v bottom half. Just as important to me is that I do not have to miss any work to watch the 7 seed games!
I wouldn't say I'd be missing it.

I'm rooting for Wisconsin because I think we end up at the 7 and 1)I don't want Wisconsin to drop to the 2 and 2)it gives NW a chance to get the 10. I really want to thump "Chicagos B1G team" in Chicago, with 10x more orange there than purple.

Still in the first half with about 4 minutes to go but Davidson is up 18 on VCU right now so it looks like they will get a win here.

As seen above Palm still thinks they need another quality win in the conf. tourney to get consideration but according to Lunardi they are already in the tourney.

I don't get how Lunardi can vary so differently from other people.

Decatur, IL
Still in the first half with about 4 minutes to go but Davidson is up 18 on VCU right now so it looks like they will get a win here.

As seen above Palm still thinks they need another quality win in the conf. tourney to get consideration but according to Lunardi they are already in the tourney.

I don't get how Lunardi can vary so differently from other people.

Look who he works for. They want ratings and hits, they are getting just that with Lunardi spewing BS.